Search results

1. E

A drumshop no longer....

First drumset was a Ludwig from Faust Music in Milwaukee - 1967
  2. E

Are you using a backrest?

I have a Roc-N-Soc tractor seat w/backrest. I love it - most certainly does what's expected and wouldn't be without. But I'm not gigging so don't have to be concerned about transport.
  3. E

Comfortable/ergonomic throne on a budget?

Love my Roc-N-Soc WITH the backrest - wouldn't be without it but no gigging any more so that plays into the mix.
  4. E

Got a question for y’all about drumsticks

What about material, particularly maple? I like the lighter weight but maybe that's just me.
  5. E

In Case you haven't Seen This.....Bermuda

I have seen this – love it. Jon seems like an absolute gentleman and a really great guy - no pretenses. I’m sure he would be not only great to work with but simply hang out with. Best to you Bermuda. . .
  6. E

My birthday present has arrived!

I'm a Gretsch guy but that is a 10. . .
  7. E

Anyone have “frozen shoulder”?

Frozen Shoulder – YES. I had rotator cuff surgery (in my 50’s) and all of sudden I could not move my arm up much without pain. I went to rehab twice a week for over two months with marginal (more like zero) improvement. I worked on it at home for another two month and gave up – no improvement...
  8. E

No more Paypal (fees) on ebay.

It says - It’s now simpler to get paid on eBay --> Really? It's probably just me but I like PayPal. . . .
  9. E

The most beautiful drum shells finishes

Very impressive. From the pictures, I love that Satin Walnut Duco. Thanks for posting.
  10. E

The most beautiful drum shells finishes

Are these two photos the same kit? The top picture looks redder (if that's a word). What is this finish called?
  11. E

Drum throne for short person??

I too am vertically challenged. Roc-N-Soc makes a short base (16” – 23”) which can be locked so it does not rotate. I also added the backrest – works great.
  12. E

Drum throne for short person?

I too needed a short throne. Roc-N-Soc offers a "short" base option (16"-23"). You can lock the swivel.
  13. E

NAMM meet-ups from the past

I too love that - FRIENDSHIP
  14. E

Drummerworld and Facebook

Good to hear but I hope nobody abandons this forum (or most others for that matter). I'm not really a Facebook guy. IMO it's so much easier to follow threads on a forum vs. FB. Just my 2-cents. . . .
  15. E

Not sure what the money beat is?

WOW, lots of interest and opinions on this one – that’s good. I’m not the best/most accomplished drummer (huge understatement). I do what I can and attempt to “mimic” but that doesn’t always happen AND that doesn’t really bother me. I think I’m “fitting” the groove pretty well; it usually...
  16. E

Drum Gear Photography

Grunter'Dad, What finish/color is the PC020010 - love it?
  17. E

Why is “White Marine Pearl” so popular?

Have to agree with this. . .
  18. E

Reverse Order of Mounted Toms?

Yes, very interesting.
  19. E

College to study drum set and something else

This is a six year old topic. Does anyone know what direction/decision the OP went with? No biggie, just wondering.