Search results

1. M

Replacing an old Tama Rockstar

Sure thing mate. Although I only took a couple of pics. I was too busy playing them :) I've also added a pic with the broken area on the bearing edge. I'd like to ask a question... Do you guys think I would gain anything if I clamped the toms to cymbal stands and removed the whole tom mount...
  2. M

I absolutely did mean Superstar Classic, sorry for the confusion :) That's reassuring and nice to hear. As I have said, I'm not exactly an expert in drum kits. Thanks!
  3. M

So ... a follow up on this, a month later. I ended up sticking with Tama, and bought a superstar classic maple kit. In spite of a rather unpleasant situation (which I'll present a bit lower) I can honestly say that the set of drums - sound wise - is far superior to the old Rockstars. Especially...
  4. M

Can’t play heel up double bass anymore

Hi there. I suffered the exact same issue when I transitioned from my old Cobras to a Pearl Demon Drive. Just like you, I was not a fast double bass player, but had very solid playing in mid range tempos ..100-150 bpm. When I switched to the DD pedal i was lost. I couldn't play any of the...
  5. M

Thank you. I will check out your recommendations, take a look at the 2nd hand market too, see what I can find there. Cheers
  6. M

I absolutely did. Even though I bought them 2nd hand around 15 years ago, they still did they part, hats off. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
  7. M

Hello everyone, I am looking to replace my old Tama Rockstar kit because well.. it being old, it's hardware has started to fail on it. Many of the drum lugs have started to crack and brake, since quite some time now, but up until last year, I could find fitting Tama replacements. Sadly the...