Search results

1. M

Excessive snare buzz

Hi all, just a quick one. I'm having an interesting problem with my Copper-Phonic. At any tuning, with different sets of wires, I'm getting an excess of snare buzz every time it is even lightly tapped. There seems to be a very, very light snare bed to the drum, so it's probably not that. It's...
  2. M

Going to Istanbul!

Greetings all. So, around Easter, I'll be heading to Istanbul for around three days (and the historical site of Ephesus for two, but that's another story). Because of my fairly limited time, I have very reluctantly ruled out a cymbal factory visit. I was wondering, however, if anyone here has...
  3. M

The Coated Ambassador 'problem'

So, we've all been hearing about the problems that the CAs have been having with their coating; namely, with it flaking off very quickly. Many of us dismissed it, whilst others were adamant. Well, it happened to me. I'd never used Remos until I came back from a holiday from the States with an...
  4. M

Critique my (live) playing!

Hey all, So a few months ago I joined a band, and we've played a few gigs and whatnot. More recently, we've received an audio recording from our last gig and I thought this would be a great learning opportunity, to allow far the more experienced players here to have a listen and give me some...
  5. M

AUDW 2011 - anyone going?

I know, I know, there are like 20 Aussies on this board, probably only about 5 of whom live in Melbourne, but you never know, right? Anyway, I'll be going for the full weekend, and I'll fight my way to see Stanton Moore if I have to...
  6. M

What are people comfortable with playing?

A thought just crossed my mind, and now I'm genuinely curious: what are people comfortable with playing? By this, I mean what 'genre' do people normally play as a standard sort of thing, but also what else can they play? I thought about it some more, and came up with three areas of playing...
  7. M

Things to do in LA and NY

Hey there everyone, I'm planning a trip to the US at the end of the year, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what to do whilst in California or New York. The plan is to fly to Los Angeles, move around California for a week, fly to New York, hang around there for a week, then...
  8. M

Need some advice!

Greetings good people of DW, I have a slight dilemma. I've located two relative bargains in the seedy secondhand world of Melbourne musical instruments, but can only afford one. So, I thought I'd ask everyone here what they thought. I have $400 to spend. I don't need to spend this, but hey...
  9. M

My old-school Tama kit...

Hey there everyone, been lurking for a while and finally decided to join in the fun... here's my humble kit and collection, almost all of which has come from the electronicBay. From what I've gathered, it's an early to mid-eighties Tama Swingstar which is in good nick; the previous owner cut...