Search results

1. SVBJECT

TD-17 Questions

Hi all! I've ordered (waiting for it to arrive) a Roland TD-17 Drumbrain as an upgrade on the Yamaha DTX500 (which seems to hate MIDI?!). It looks to me like the model one of my old drum teachers used, and I was always very impressed with it. Anyway, I'm looking at it and can't see many...
  2. SVBJECT

How do you....use a book?! (seems silly but its really bugging me!)

So I got my first drumming book the other day - the emphasis there on book. Every physical "book" I've used before was pages on a binder of some sort that you could happily turn pages 360 degrees and open it anywhere, or generally I use the iPad with pdfs/videos etc. So I got my first book...
  3. SVBJECT

Very specific question for any ex-students of Phil Solomon?

Anyone here an ex-student of Phil Solomon? (Or current? though I think I heard he passed) Anyway, I just stumbled across my teenage book from him "Drumming Starts Here" and remember him telling me as a student, I wasn't a good drummer until I could play the whole thing, non-stop, with all...
  4. SVBJECT

Getting Accurate Sheet Music From MIDI Files

Any thoughts? I sometimes go back to some scoring program or other - I've not really found one I like much, been trying MuseScore3 at the moment, but over the years have tried Sibelius, Guitarpro, all have pros and cons, none I've found did what I wanted, but one consistent flaw in them all is...
  5. SVBJECT

Suggestion for sheet music/score app that fulfills:

Hi everyone, I have an issue and I cannot believe I'm the only one. I've searched various apps, I've emailed some companies asking about their apps (and tbh some didn't even reply, so I'm not giving them any benefit of a doubt unless I know!) and nothing quite does what I want, as far as I can...
  6. SVBJECT

Best exercises for playing in 5/4

I'm looking at playing a track in 5/4 - as in for years my bands just been a midi controller based project so the songs already written, but I wanna learn to play on drums. Obvious route, just trawl through it slowly, but ideally I'd like some practices to improve my 5/4 playing before really...
  7. SVBJECT

SysEx MIDI messages/learning MIDI better

Hi all, I'm really banging my head against the limits of my MIDI understanding. I just bought an MPC ONE to run my drums into - long story short I have NEVER, and speaking to several other drummers who agree, NEVER had much luck running electronic drums into a PC and DAW without Latency. Now...
  8. SVBJECT

Weird question about your little pinkies!

The more I'm getting back into drumming, the more I'm finding that my little finger (RH) - which I broke a few year ago - sticks out, and I don't use, and by general Left-Monkey-See Left-Monkey-Do, now my left hand doesn't really use my little finger either! Watching Rob Brown video and he...
  9. SVBJECT

Tomas Haake

Not seeing a Tomas Haake thread here, but he's on Drummerworld and I have questions. On that linked page, you can read his set up a short way down - lists 2 hihats (one played closed) Further down (about twice as far as the kit diagram with the key I'm referring to), theres a photo of his kit...
  10. SVBJECT

Electronic Drumkit into MPC

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, so hello! And have been running into problems. So, my kit is a mix of yamaha and roland pads, don't think that's the issue - going into a Yamaha DTX500 brain. Having been playing this for about a year now, I've gotten sick of the sounds on it (I want very...