Search results

1. electrodrummer

mixer with hybrid drums using ezdrummer

MX400 is a MONO output...... You have phone = 2 channels laptop = 2 channels. and presume you want stereo (2 channel) output - so not the MX400 So you need something that has 4 channels of input (always better to buy more for flexibility) and has stereo output if you want stereo. (ie. most...
  2. electrodrummer

Alesis Crimson II

Ask 'em on the dedicated Crimson FB group over here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2109525019330977 OR pop over here: https://www.alesisdrummer.com/ (pretty rubbish if you can't TBH! - also a heads-up if you're thinking of getting one ;) ) (also download and have a nose in the manual, obs...
  3. electrodrummer

EDrum setup for using VST only and existing drum hardware

" kit that sounds the best possible with minimal latency for best feel." - latency is mainly going to be down to your computer/audio interface etc if you're going for a software instrument. Obs that's not issue if you get a module with great sounds! (DTX-PRO would be a good choice -...
  4. electrodrummer

Roland TD-4KP vs TD-1K V-Drum

They'll all portable ;) The TD4 uses an acoustic drum kick pedal. Many would view that as a good thing. (I don't like the pad on the frame, but that's me!) The TD1 is tooooo entry level and is a dead end (not that the TD4 is much better, but.... ;) )
  5. electrodrummer

TD-17 Questions

Word!
  6. electrodrummer

TD-17 Questions

"which seems to hate MIDI?!"? Weird! (would have gone for a DTX-PRO module myself. Could have kept everything you have, have a better sounds (subjective, obs, but full layered real sampled acoustics over modelled sounds), 3-zone pad support all over the place, and far far better MIDI...
  7. electrodrummer

Tennis ball beater question

Happy drumming :)
  8. electrodrummer

Either / both / etc. Got Evans and QT patches on the electronic and acoustic drums pads nearest me now as I type this. And one unbranded rubber one (prob a good 1mm thick). No need to worry about head movement as such. You smack the head - the piezo picks up the smack. Just down to...
  9. electrodrummer

"Hello! Kinda new to edrums but I am aware of the issues that felt beaters cause with mesh heads if you don't use a patch." So, use ***ANYTHING*** you like the feel of - Just ALWAYS use a patch[1] - done, dusted and sorted.! (whether you're using wood, felt, acrylic, plastic, cricket ball...
  10. electrodrummer

Tips for setting a Roland kit

"the snare (PDX8) only gives me rimshot even if I don't play the rim, the same goes for the ride which gives me the bell almost continuously." - Crosstalk / rejection options. "Practice at home with the electro and playing with the band is very different in term of dynamics." - yes, because...
  11. electrodrummer

Kick and sticks

Followed by 1,000,000 comments of use any beater you like, just always use a kick patch.
  12. electrodrummer

Tips for setting a Roland kit

Stop hitting so hard for a start. You have a volume knob! Edrums are not acoustic drums - completely different instrument with a passing resemblance - but do much more and are more flexible, both in sound and playing technique and don't have to limited to being a pretend 1958 acoustic kit...
  13. electrodrummer

KTMP-1 and hi hat pedal/controller question...

The KPMP-1 probably only "understands" a switch and not a variable controller and would only have up to three sounds in the module (open, closed, maybe splash). There's no mention of any other capability or suggestions that any variable controller pedal is compatible. KU100 - fine pedal...
  14. electrodrummer

Kick and sticks

When you hit a head with a solid beater - and esp if you bury the beater or don't strike cleanly - there's often small bounce-back. This can be either the beater hitting again, or the head moving away from the beater on the strike, then bouncing back and hitting the beater again. Felt cushions...
  15. electrodrummer

Volume problem on TD 15

(a) How are you listening? Exactly, please (b) Exactly what's plugged into exactly where? and Start with a factory reset.
  16. electrodrummer

Kick and sticks

1. Use any beater you prefer the feel of (wood, plastic, felt, acrylic, skull of a dead cat [1]). Just *always* use a kick drum patch (Evans EQ, Falam Slam, etc). Ignore anyone who tells you not to use felt - felt is great for soaking up mis-triggers and ghosts. 2. Use any tip you like. Just...
  17. electrodrummer

Cheap MIDI for sticks

Yes - it matters. Cheapo $3.99 Chinese ones are awful. Get a branded one - Yamaha, Roland, M-Audio, ESI, MOTU, etc. Otherwise you can get drops and glitches and general yuk. You wanna save money get a 65 over a 75 (I bought a 65 in the UK for £20 :) ) . But download and read the manuals to...
  18. electrodrummer

this song i found has electronic 808 kick in the opening part and then the 1st verse has electronic clap what sound is used for it ? any notes?

"this song i found has electronic 808 kick in the opening part and then the 1st verse has electronic clap what sound is used for it ?" A snare sound (prob machine) being shoved thru a cutoff filter being constantly varied in a slightly annoying (to me ;) ) way!.
  19. electrodrummer

Cheap MIDI for sticks

Cool. USA. So - budget? :)
  20. electrodrummer

Cheap MIDI for sticks

I know it's can send MIDI (but not 100% the kick is velocity sensitive - and similarly the hat pedal will be just a switch - on/off) SO - where in the planet are are and exactly what do you want to spend (incl currency) and how many pads do you want? :)