Search results

1. Nictarine

Roland TD25 to iPhone - Roland Go:Mixer or Zoom q8?

I want to record audio and video of myself playing, ideally, I'd like to be able to do it all on my iPhone. I have a Roland TD25 electronic kit. Does anyone use the Roland Go Mixer? Could I record the video and audio at the same time and not have to splice them together? I've also considered...
  2. Nictarine

Got my Pork Pie Hip Pig kit in Saturday

3. Nictarine

My band's video

Hope y'all enjoy!
  4. Nictarine

Is this a Gretsch snare?

My little brother passed away unexpectedly at the end of 2020 and I got all of his stuff, he had more music equipment than I've ever seen! In the mix of stuff is this snare that has a Gretsch throw off and butt plate, not sure about the lugs being Gretsch, and there's no badge or internal...
  5. Nictarine

How NOT to package a cymbal for shipping!!

I ordered a Zildjian 21" Z Custom Mega Bell Ride off Reverb last month and it was packed HORRIBLY, I've bought cymbals off eBay, Guitar Center Used, Reverb, etc and this is by far the worst cymbal packing job I've ever seen! The box was 23 x 23 x 6 so the cymbal has all kinds of room to move...
  6. Nictarine

Being cheap with my hardware FINALLY caught up with me!

I've spent a good amount of money on drums, pedals and cymbals in the past few years but I have always been cheap with my hardware. when I need a new cymbal stand or snare stand I find a used one on craigslist for cheap and when it craps out I just find another one on CL and do the same thing...
  7. Nictarine

Inked By Evans

I've been wanting a custom front kick drum head for a while but I couldn't decide on what to get and since I play in 2 bands I didn't want to get a band name, I decided to go with an Inked By Evans head with the logo of my favorite beverage! It took a month and a half for me to get the head but...
  8. Nictarine

Tama Titan Stilt Cymbal Stand

I got the base of an old Tama Titan Stilt cymbal stand in a craigslist purchase a few weeks ago and finally got around to setting it up last night. I dig the look of tilted cymbal stands but I'm not really sure what purpose having a tilted stand is supposed to serve or what problem it's supposed...
  9. Nictarine

Check out my Limp Bizkit - Nookie - Drum Cover!

https://youtu.be/l6hwo4c_Bz8
  10. Nictarine

I GOT THE CRAIGSLIST DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!

I saw drums listed on Craigslist for $150 with three TERRIBLE pictures and the shittiest description of what all was included, but I saw that the bass drum was fiberglass and I NEEDED to have it in my life! Here's a run down of what all I got for $150: DRUMS: 24" Vintage Pearl Fiberglass kick...
  11. Nictarine

Help me identify this vintage kit! Hinged lugs!?

Bought these drums off craigslist earlier today and I'm trying to identify them, the lugs on the toms are hinged?? From my Google research the lugs are possibly Remo Encore lugs but I don't know if the drums are Remo drums or not, either way I like the staggered lugs on the rack tom. The wrap...
  12. Nictarine

Issue with lugs and tension rods on OLD Pearl Exports

I bought a set of old Pearl Exports off Craigslist to use as a practice kit, when I was changing out the heads there was one tension rod on the rack tom and two on the floor tom that did this (SEE PICTURES!!). When I was tightening the tension rods down they popped right out of the lug and...
  13. Nictarine

EVANS G Plus??

I found a set of Evans G Plus heads in the little music shop downstairs from my rehearsal space and I REALLY like them. I tune my drums pretty low (just above wrinkle) and have been looking for a head that puts out a good amount of volume at such low tension and the G Plus are exactly what I've...
  14. Nictarine

My audio/video setup for recording drum videos

I'm a drum instructor at Guitar Center and I'm looking to record videos for my students to have a video reference of things we worked on when they're at home, I'll also be doing drum cover videos occasionally and MAYBE one day videos of my bands playing. HERE'S A VIDEO I DID USING MY CURRENT...
  15. Nictarine

DRUM COVER VIDEOS!

I recorded three drum cover videos last night. Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy https://youtu.be/TXZFUJsq9Dk Lit - My Own Worst Enemy https://youtu.be/hu0MLk8xtpA The Presidents of the United States of America - Lump https://youtu.be/wSsNrFpPyLg Let me know what you think!
  16. Nictarine

EVANS ALL AROUND

I've been using an EMAD on my kick drum for a while, with Remo Vintage Emperors Clear and Coated on my toms and a number of different snare batters (Aquarian Triple Threat, Evans HD and HD Dry, Evans ST Dry, Evans Genera Dry, Remo Powerstroke 77, Controlled Sound and Controlled Sound X, etc..) I...
  17. Nictarine

DRUM COVER The Offspring - Come Out and Play (Keep 'em Seperated)

https://youtu.be/4zR1tgDtRbM I recently bought a Tascam DR-V1HD and this is my first attempt at recording with it. I recorded the audio on a Tascam 4 track cassette recorder with a Pyle-Pro PDMIC78 as an overhead, another Pyle-Pro PDMIC78 on the snare and an Audio Technica ATM250 on the kick.
  18. Nictarine

Why I never let anyone "help" me with my drums

Had a last minute gig last Sunday that I didn't REALLY want to play but I did it anyway because I didn't have anything else going on! After the gig I got all my gear off the stage near the exit so I could load up my truck and leave, I went to take a piss and when I came back the...
  19. Nictarine

TAMA SPEED COBRA DIRECT DRIVE!

I posted a thread a few days ago about the Tama Speed Cobra pedal I got off craigslist that had been converted to direct drive and had a few people wanting to see pictures of the pedal, so here ya go! Not sure what brand the direct drive conversion is it could POSSIBLY be Stomp Drive but I...
  20. Nictarine

Tama Speed Cobra DIRECT DRIVE!?

I just got a Tama Speed Cobra that has been converted to direct drive off Craigslist for $50 and from my research it looks like the conversion kit alone costs $50, I owned chain drive Speed Cobras a few years back and hated them and really only bought this pedal to flip but I played it tonight...