Search results

1. bananers

Gavin Harrison here!

Hey Gavin, Not a question but super excited for the Pineapple Thief concert starting tomorrow, looks incredible and can't wait to watch it! (Also Rhythmic Illusions is keeping my head super busy - thanks for that 😂🤪) Best, Alannah
  2. bananers

Regal Tip out of business?

Not sure about elsewhere in the world but they've lost their distributor here in the UK. Nobody's picked them up here so only option is importing from Thomann or US with crazy additional charges.
  3. bananers

Gavin Harrison here!

@12:7 I've been working through this tune recently with Rhythmic Composition - super useful particularly for the crazy fill right at the end which I'm still practising getting it smooth on the kit ! I found the last chorus particularly challenging with where you accented the hihats, its a bit...
  4. bananers

Pat Mastellotto and King Crimson

I saw them at Royal Albert Hall in 2019, and being a fairly new fan of theirs I didn't know a good number of the tracks they played - but I was really in awe the entire 3 hours, it was unlike any concert I'd been to, set up, band, music etc. Really insane, can't wait for the next UK show...
  5. bananers

your most favorite bassist/drummer rhythm section

Joe Dart is sooooo ridiculous - the groove in that band is incredible. I saw Theo solo once and Vulfpeck once and Joe both times - insane! ?
  6. bananers

New on Drummerworld: Jeremy Stacey

Saw him with King Crimson - what a fantastic player he is, on keys too!!! ?
  7. bananers

Gavin Harrison here!

Ah okay - that'll explain why I can't buy it from Hudson then! I see it listed on Alfred, cool. Thanks again! Cheers, Alannah
  8. bananers

Gavin Harrison here!

Hey Gavin, Hope you're doing well :) quick question - is the Rhythmic Illusions book out of print? I searched on Hudson Music and I couldn't see it listed there - I guess I could probably find it elsewhere but I'd rather get it from an associated supplier! Best regards, Alannah
  9. bananers

RIP Chick Corea

This is real sad news, one of the greatest of all time for sure. ?
  10. bananers

Gavin Harrison here!

Looking forward to this ! ?
  11. bananers

Joe Porcaro talks about Jeff

This is lovely - long overdue but ordering the book now. Recently read Steve Lukather's autobiography and it shared so many great stories about Jeff. Thanks for sharing Bo!
  12. bananers

Gavin Harrison here!

Merry christmas Gavin! ?? Thanks for all of your patience on here, your advice and answers are always so helpful and insightful to us all ? Have a good one!
  13. bananers

Best piece of critical criticism you've ever received about playing?

For me it was "you don't play loud enough". My (lack of) confidence needed to hear it
  14. bananers

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Just picked this up yesterday. Finally, something to practise at home with since I left school and moved out 6 years ago! Plays great for a pre-owned older module. Pads are wicked!
  15. bananers

Drum Gear Photography

Woooow! Look at that room ? (smeared lens is a favourite of mine to get an extra lil sheen on the close up tom badges) ?
  16. bananers

Drum Gear Photography

Y'all know how much I love this kit by now… messing around the other day and I swear it gets more beautiful by the second. Moody dramatic pic effect was necessary. Still learning how to enhance raw images properly, definitely needs work. But anyway.
  17. bananers

The first time I ever broke a piece of hardware...

This happened to me at a practice studio once! I adjusted everything, fine. During a play I hit the floor tom and one of the legs gave out - sure enough, threading gone so wouldn't hold. Just had to balance it precariously against the back wall and hope for the best ? Good old Mapex Horizon
  18. bananers

Iron Cobra 900 Power Glide for me? To be honest, I couldn't see me or anyone hitting cymbals with enough force that they just take off the stand because I wasn't using a wing nut ?
  19. bananers

Intrigued about the split reso head ? also those Jojo pedals I've heard nothing but dismay from the owners, all kinds of problems. None with the standard Perfect Balance though
  20. bananers

I think I've only ever broken like 2 sticks, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.