Search results

1. Neilage

What's your latest purchase?

I finally ordered some bucket list cymbals: Paiste 20" Giant Beat Multi-functional Cymbal: Paiste 14" Signature Precision Sound Edge Hi-Hats: I also ordered 3 Yamaha Crosstown Advanced Lightweight Cymbal Stands.
  2. Neilage

22" Fiberskyn reso to match the Skyntones on my RN2 toms. Also ordered some new Vic Firth sticks to play with: Signature Steve Gadd Signature Tony Royster Jr. Signature Keith Moon
  3. Neilage

Remo Fiberskyn/Skyntone Questions

I have Skyntone batters on my Gretsch Renown RN2 and absolutely love them! IMO, the tone and feel are far better than the Fiberskyns. As a bonus, they are aesthetically gorgeous. The only negative is they are susceptible to dents for very hard hitters, so I do not recommend them for metal...
  4. Neilage

your most favorite bassist/drummer rhythm section

Can't believe I'm the first to throw out Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman.
  5. Neilage

Downsized for the sake of simplicity

@yammyfan , It looks like you opted for the 7x10 tom in your new setup. I'm curious why you decided against the 8x12? I'm also curious about which fundamental notes you are using.
  6. Neilage

What are you listening to right now?

Deez drums...
  7. Neilage

I got my new RN2 about the same time you got yours. I didn't know about the GS1-THSL. This is now a must-have. Thanks for the head's up post!
  8. Neilage

What is your favorite drummer joke?

My neighbor knocked on my door at 3 am... 3 am can you believe this? Lucky for him that I was awake playing drums.
  9. Neilage

Another great version of the video. My link works well despite the grey image.
  10. Neilage

just getting back into to drumming after looooong hiatus

I was completely out of drumming from 1992 to 2016, and ended up buying a used Pearl Forum Series kit on Craigslist in Atlanta and a new Paiste PST 7 cymbal pack. The Pearl Forum was in great condition, but the poplar shells sounded awful to my ear. The PST 7's were more than adequate for me...
  11. Neilage

Does the New Ludwig p88 Throw Work With Vintage 1960s era Ludwig Acrolite Snare Drums?

When the P-85 on my LM402 Supra locked up, I replaced it with the P-86. The P-86 was very easy to install, functions superbly and looks amazing.
  12. Neilage

Gretsch Renown 18” vs 20”

What were your issues with the 20x16 BD? I am asking before I decide to order the 20x16.
  13. Neilage

Gretsch Renown 18” vs 20”

I purchased a new renown kit in 2020 with the 18x22 kick. In hindsight, I wish I had gone with the 16x20.
  14. Neilage

Fun drums on this oldie...
  15. Neilage

Best movie soundtrack

16. Neilage

lost due to incompetence - yesca - drum overdub cover - fantasia style improvisation

Classic track from Cheech & Chong's "Up In Smoke". . Well done, sir!
  17. Neilage

Most beautiful drum tracks??

For me, it begins and ends with Ringo, Abbey Road (side 2).