Search results

1. K

Downsized for the sake of simplicity

Looks very nice. I may try this myself to just change things up a bit. Could you have possibly used the double mount and attached a cowbell or another type of cymbal using the extra L-arm? Other than a tom, are there other things that are attachable to the ball/socket L-arm?
  2. K

Cracked-Paiste Cymbal?

Yikes!
  3. K

Cracked-Paiste Cymbal?

Hi all. I have a vintage (1960's) Paiste Formula 602, 22" ride. I just pulled it out of storage and was wondering if there is anything I can do to make it playable again. The crack begins at the edge and extends 4" inward. Is there a place in U.S. (I live in TX) that repairs these? Can I do it...
  4. K

Gretsch Renown - Issue with 20" Bass Drum

The one I just received has a velcro strip on the bottom that grabs onto the rug. You really have to rip it loose to reposition it. Maybe this is a new feature. That, in conjunction with the bass drum spurs, seems to anchor my setup pretty solid.
  5. K

I think it does make a difference. Both psychologically and otherwise. I still really think the manufacturers should include one with their 20's and under.
  6. K

Gretsch Renown - Issue With Double Tom Holder

Update: All is well. Customer service (Sweetwater/Gretsch) came through quickly. I definitely had a faulty L-arm.
  7. K

"Installed" the Dixson lift. Love having the beater strike the center. Also dig the aesthetics. Sounds gooooood!
  8. K

Cymbal Recommendations?

Thinking about this...https://meinlcymbals.com/en/products/b16dutrc-m3836.html
  9. K

Cymbal Recommendations?

Yes. It is crazy long for my purpose. It probably was meant to support and position a larger ride/crash.
  10. K

Cymbal Recommendations?

Yes. An "effects" cymbal was what I was thinking.
  11. K

Cymbal Recommendations?

Hello all. I am looking to fill in my set with an additional cymbal. My setup is the Johnston Meinl cymbal pack which consists of a 21" Ride, 18" and 20" Crashes plus 14" Hats. My Gretsch kit has a mount that sits centered over my bass drum. I am thinking 16" max for size. Anyone have any...
  12. K

I am going to use a lift (Dixson). At least it gives me the OPTION to hit close to dead center. I get that some don't mind kicking above center. But, obviously without a lift, there is no other way. So, I get that most just accept it and move on. Shortening the "throw" of the beater doesn't work...
  13. K

I am guessing I'll have to buy a riser for my 20" kick to be able to use a standard pedal and strike the drum at the center. Why in the world would a company NOT supply a bass drum riser with their 20" or smaller kicks?
  14. K

Yes, I'll get another part. The 12" tom seems to me to be a little heavy for the hardware provided. Put another way, the suspension mounting system seems "skimpy". I hope I don't have to have backup parts if you know what I mean.
  15. K

I have a brand new Renoun kit w/ bass drum mounted double tom holder. One of the L-arms that holds the tom is loose inside the hard round ball. The ball can be secured inside the socket, but the tom just flops on its side because the L-arm rotates inside the ball. This obviously makes placing...
  16. K

A different kind of Muscle Memory (Prostate Cancer)

Yes, I had my prostate removed 20 years ago at 50. My doctor gave me choices but said that a prostatectomy was the "gold standard" for survival. Fortunately for me, he was right. No decernable PSA levels since. I was able to regain my sex life quickly. Doc said "use it or lose it". I went...
  17. K

Paradiddle / Hat Problem

Maybe try playing a heel/toe with the HH foot. A rocking motion if you will. Heel down on 1, toe on 2, etc. That's the way I was taught at the start.
  18. K

Yamaha Stage Custom vs Gretch Renown

NICE!!!
  19. K

Snare recommendations?

Any feedback on this snare?
  20. K

Yamaha Stage Custom vs Gretch Renown

Silver Oyster Pearl