Search results

1. K

Cracked-Paiste Cymbal?

Hi all. I have a vintage (1960's) Paiste Formula 602, 22" ride. I just pulled it out of storage and was wondering if there is anything I can do to make it playable again. The crack begins at the edge and extends 4" inward. Is there a place in U.S. (I live in TX) that repairs these? Can I do it...
  2. K

Cymbal Recommendations?

Hello all. I am looking to fill in my set with an additional cymbal. My setup is the Johnston Meinl cymbal pack which consists of a 21" Ride, 18" and 20" Crashes plus 14" Hats. My Gretsch kit has a mount that sits centered over my bass drum. I am thinking 16" max for size. Anyone have any...
  3. K

Gretsch Renown - Issue with 20" Bass Drum

I am guessing I'll have to buy a riser for my 20" kick to be able to use a standard pedal and strike the drum at the center. Why in the world would a company NOT supply a bass drum riser with their 20" or smaller kicks?
  4. K

Gretsch Renown - Issue With Double Tom Holder

I have a brand new Renoun kit w/ bass drum mounted double tom holder. One of the L-arms that holds the tom is loose inside the hard round ball. The ball can be secured inside the socket, but the tom just flops on its side because the L-arm rotates inside the ball. This obviously makes placing...
  5. K

Snare recommendations?

Hello all. I have recently purchased a Gretsch Renown kit (10/12/14/20). My musical tastes lean towards Pop, Mellow Rock, and Country. I play for my own enjoyment, usually via drumless tracks. I play in a home environment. I am looking to purchase a snare that might compliment my kit, style, and...
  6. K

Yamaha Stage Custom vs Gretch Renown

This comparison may not be apples to apples but....costs and different wood aside, which would you choose and why?
  7. K

Petrillo-Hands, Grooves, Fills

Ok, so i am trying to work my way through this book. But, I need some help. In the "Grooves" section, there are notations that I do not understand. For instance, on page 32 the rhythm chart RC1 has a G-7, D-11, Bb, and Eb noted. What do these refer to? Thanks to anyone who can help.