Search results

1. Rotarded

A different perspective, I suppose

I quit that group about a year ago. Absolutely littered with judgmental condescending asshats....
  2. Rotarded

Here’s a great way to muffle your snare.

Yes, and Yes!
  3. Rotarded

Does a drum rack save you time?

I graduated (pun intended) to this set-up the last year. Lessened the visual impact of the rack. It also has a smaller footprint than it would with stands.
  4. Rotarded

Does a drum rack save you time?

Yes, it saves time. Just like Ron Popiel says: "set it, and forget it" I could set up a 3 up, 2 down rack with floating snare basket, remote high hat, and 5 cymbals in about 10 minutes, and have everything exactly where I want it. Gigged this set-up for 6 years without issue. Never forgot a...
  5. Rotarded

The most beautiful drum shells finishes

The most amazing sparkle lacquer finish I have ever laid eyes on.
  6. Rotarded

Pics of 3 up configurations?

My old 3up setup...
  7. Rotarded

ID Ludwig snare

6.5x14 Black Beauty, Gaskets under the lugs and badge make it fairly recent.
  8. Rotarded

Band meetings

^THIS^ ...and we have "Band night out" every once in a while to have a couple of bevs and bond. These have never devolved into negative repartee. I am fortunate to have a bunch of fabulous, but laid back, musicians, with no big egos, in my band. More often than not, the "mistakes" are brought...
  9. Rotarded

Hi Hat Height

I switch between traditional and matched grip frequently during gigs, depending on the song, and do a lot of hat work utilizing both hands. The hats reside at the 10 o'clock position and are 3.5 inches above my snare. Just high enough that I don't crack my knuckles doing 16th notes on the hats...
  10. Rotarded

Ludwig Copper Phonic

Had a Crush one for a short period of time. Throw was garbage, and hated their tube lugs. Traded it for another snare I can't even recall. Regardless. I ended up with the 6.5x14 hammered Copperphonic, and I am not disappointed.
  11. Rotarded

Does buying pre owned bother you?

I carefully buy used equipment, in person only. Firstly, much of my snare and kit purchases have been vintage/collectors drums. Secondly, much of those purchases are far below market/retail value. I'm thrifty and openly admit that. I have had great fortune in finding some very rare and valuable...
  12. Rotarded

Show us your personal drum set history - with pics

1st Kit: 1976 (bought new by Mom and Dad) Ludwig Pro Beat. (13,14,16,18,24,Supra) 2nd, 3rd, and 4th kits, in order: 1990s Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage (8,10,12,14, 22) 1964 Ludwig (12,13,14,16,20) 2014 PDP Concept Maple (8,10,12,14,16) 5th Kit: 2018 DW Performance (8,10,12,14,16,22) 6th...
  13. Rotarded

Copper Hoops

Yes they are, in both cases.
  14. Rotarded

Copper Hoops

Yes, as an answer to 2+ year old post, they hold up..... I have a Copperphonic with the Ludwig plated die cast, and I have a 402 with aftermarket plated Ludwig triple flange. Both hold up beautifully to normal practice and gigging use.
  15. Rotarded

Best heads for Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage

I used black suede emperors over ebony ambassadors on my old SCA and loved the combo. especially at lower tunings.
  16. Rotarded

Your first band

Johnny Hitler and the 4 man microwave. High School: 1979/81 Jon - Vocals Kevin - Bass Mark - Lead guitar James - Rhythm guitar Mike (me) - Drums Punk band. We played 2 gigs. One before I left for college. The Senior Show (2 shows back to back as only half of the school could fit in the...
  17. Rotarded

Comprehensive Gear List

1964 Ludwig Black Diamond Pearl 3ply (12,13,14,16,20) All original hardware (Speed king, Flat base snare and cymbal stands(3), 1123 Spur Loc hi-hat, Red 1025-1 Throne) 1960's 14" A Zildjian paper thin hats, 18" Crash/Ride, 15" UFIP Crash Electro Voice RE20 externally 1998 Ayotte Custom "Ray...
  18. Rotarded

Most beautiful drum tracks??

Manu Katché paints a picture....
  19. Rotarded

My drum key

This one?
  20. Rotarded

I find the category "Ladies" to be quite insensitive. Can Drummerworld do a better job of giving female drummers the credit that they deserve?

Why has no one has mentioned being offended by the annual "Hit like a girl" Site/Contest, that's been running for over a decade????