Search results

1. J-W

Member generosity

Lookin' good! (y) ;)
  2. J-W

Post Preview Button

It's now the icon in the far upper right corner (page with the corner folded over and a magnifying glass over it).
  3. J-W

Best Ear Muffs For Maintaining Fidelity?

Ultraphones is a brand, but they are just Sony MDR-7506 drivers placed inside a Peltor hearing protection muff.
  4. J-W

I can't find my post

Check your PM's.
  5. J-W

I can't find my post

If I'm following this correctly, you are looking for a gold TAMA logo for a black reso head, right? PM on the way.
  6. J-W

Post Pandemic drum gear trends?

It's the stimulus checks that many didn't need.
  7. J-W

Ever Given and the Suez Canal

I'm guessing that you don't always drink beer, but when you do, you prefer Dos Equis. ;)
  8. J-W

Exactly! I was wondering if anyone would catch on. :) Yep, just like tattoos.
  9. J-W

Ever Given and the Suez Canal

Wind/Sandstorm
  10. J-W

Same here. And I know a lot of people that share the same sentiment lately. It seems to be catching on.
  11. J-W

Rattling cymbal or cymbal stand

You could try a rubber grommet (sometimes called "pass through" grommets, or the "grombal" which is essentially the same thing.
  12. J-W

Am I too old to start drumming?

My sentiments exactly.
  13. J-W

Gold-n-times acrylic shells

PM sent.
  14. J-W

Coffee

THIS ^ Unfortunately, if accustomed to a low sodium diet, then you can taste the salt in almost everything (meaning it's oversalted, just so you don't think I'm disagreeing with you). The same goes for sugar ..............if I remember correctly. ;)
  15. J-W

8th note hi hat chicks and balance

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're leaning a bit forward and relying on at least one foot to keep you stable. You may try either try scooting back just a bit on your throne or adjusting it's height to find a better center of balance. You may have to adjust your snare position to keep the...
  16. J-W

I'm looking at getting a metal snare. Any recommendations?

Thank you. I'll keep my eye out for them there in the future when funds allow.
  17. J-W

I'm looking at getting a metal snare. Any recommendations?

I've been craving an acro for quite some time as I don't currently own anything shallower than a 6.5". That blue/olive badge just makes that one that much sweeter, IMO. Enjoy it, my friend. (y)
  18. J-W

Does anybody endorse peace drums?

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I thank you for your honesty. I'm not sure where I've said or defended racist crap, said awful stuff, or have gotten "checked" on for some mean spirited tough guy nonsense, made myself the victim, or am casually abusive, but if that is the case, I do apologize...
  19. J-W

Raising the Seat Height

As a heel up player 99% of the time, this too was my exact experience when experimenting with throne height. I'm up as high as I can go with the Roc-n-Soc pneumatic throne which puts my hips higher than my knees. My tibialis anterior isn't conditioned anywhere near enough to pull off much heel down.
  20. J-W

Does anybody endorse peace drums?

And I still tell people to get off my lawn. ;) ........and I don't even have a lawn.