Search results

1. S

I’ve gone and done it. No more suspended floor toms!

Any 'before' pics?
  2. S

Pearl 75th Anniversary

Meh. Kind of.
  3. S

Drum Mics

Same. Love my PR48.
  4. S

Pearl 75th Anniversary

Can someone explain the benefits of the curved cymbal stands? I don't understand what the point is.
  5. S

Tama has heard our feedback and toned it down with this new finish

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this finish actually glows in the dark.
  6. S

Evans Drumheads.com

Bermuda, need your advice. Got an EMAD 2 on my walnut 22"x16" BD. I have one of those KickPro Weighted Pillows. It doesn't seem to making much of a difference because the bass drum booms like crazy! Looking to cut down on the overtones, with a more tight sound without stuffing it with pillows...
  7. S

Evans Drumheads.com

Been hearing a lot of noise about Evans poor quality control issues with their collars...
  8. S

Tama Star Walnut

Yea it was miraculous that the bass drum wasn't punctured. I was shocked. In fact, not even a scratch. In regards to the padding at the bottom of the bass drum box, yes, it had some Styrofoam padding for sure. And yes, the quick lock holders (with the wingnuts) are supposed to be twist-tied to...
  9. S

Tama Star Walnut

Yea that's upsetting. Someone definitely got to those boxes between Tama in Japan and you. Here are the images of how my drums were delivered. Notice the giant hole in the bass drum box. Anything poking into that hole would absolutely damage the bass drum. I got very lucky. Especially with the...
  10. S

Tama Star Walnut

Understood. Fair enough. I will say this, and I said it on another thread of a poster who had just purchased a Starclassic kit and it came with the drums damaged from shipping (images were included): Tama does leave a lot to be desired with how they pack their drums. My Star kit was shipped from...
  11. S

Pearl remote hi hat

I wonder how they compare with other remote hat stands
  12. S

Tama Star Walnut

Did you ever actually post and pics or video if the issues you had with the SQ1? I think that's why there was negativity. I don't see the negativity in sharing images of the damages on the Star kit. I mean, two kits, both lemons within weeks of each other and no pics to prove it?
  13. S

Tama Star Walnut

Got any photos?
  14. S

Tama Star Walnut

So then what are the exact issues? I think people here can decipher the difference between a manufacturer issue and a shipping issue.
  15. S

Sonor SQ1 (brand new kit) problems

So basically, @sonorplayer was right this entire time. This is why tom mounts exist.
  16. S

Tama Star Walnut

So it looks like the kit was already on order before you decided on it. Which dealer are you working with?
  17. S

Tama Star Walnut

I got mine within 4 months, but the drum shop had already been informed by Tama that they would be receiving the kit by the time I reached out. That was part of the reason why I chose that shop. Pandemic slowed things down.
  18. S

Tama Iron Cobra & Speed Cobra Bearings

Yea that's what it seems.
  19. S

Just tried popping the caps of a spare bearing I had for a spare Speed Cobra pedal. Was not easy and did not pop off..
  20. S

Excellent. I know the Iron Cobras use 6 bearings. I'm curious how challenging it is to pop off the caps. Also, would white lithium grease work ok?