Search results

1. R

Amazing - 11 yr.old Drummer Girl - Kanade Sato

Kanade just graduated from high school. According to her blog, while there she majored in drums and percussion in the music department. She says she is moving on to performing full time, though for now things will be slowed down by the pandemic https://ameblo.jp/kanadesato/entry-12662179272.html...
  2. R

Dr. Steve Gadd

Drummer Kanade Sato plays a character on a tv show that is full Steampunk
  3. R

FEMALE DRUMMERS: YOUR FAVES & WHY?

It's not the fault of female drummers. I think it is in part because the drumming community hasn't made an organized effort to educate the public.
  4. R

Yes, but I think another important factor is that most of the public doesn't have much of an understanding of drumming and what is the difference between mediocre drumming and excellent drumming.
  5. R

Yes, that's a good point. But I think the great majority of drummers, male or female, never post on Youtube. Also, what about female drummers who are not attractive looking. Maybe they are discriminated against.
  6. R

It seems there are three stories here. One is that female drummers are on the whole discriminated against due to their sex, the second is that they all exploit their sex to have more success than their talents deserve, and the third is that nowadays female drummers are usually treated no...
  7. R

I agree, A-yeon is a hundred times more successful than she should be, based on her talent, and its all due to her sexy female looks. But I think for every female drummer who exploits their looks, there are far more who just get along on their talent.
  8. R

On the other hand a man who is really angry at another man is far more likely than a woman shoot him. And women get accused of being illogical, but also of being calculating manipulators. I think the whole thing is silly. There are men who are usually logical and men who are often irrational...
  9. R

On the big debate here, let me just add that female drummers used to be rare because girls were taught drumming was not appropriate for their sex. Fortunately that has changed a lot in the last decade or two, and now female drummers are a lot more common.
  10. R

There are lots of great female drummers out there (and a lot more than there used to be). But let me just mention three. One is Kanade Sato, who was the person who a few years ago first got me seriously interested in listening to drumming. Then there is Yoyoka Soma, who was recently added to the...
  11. R

Great drummers - quotes

Listening to musicians who are different than you will help you understand yourself better. It's like when you travel to a different country, the ways it is different from your own makes you aware of things in your own country that up to that point were unconscious and taken for granted, or...
  12. R

LJ (Little Justin) Wilson

I disagree about him performing publicly. LJ is enjoying himself and I don't think he is being hurt in any way. It would be different if his parents were pressuring him to be successful, but they aren't.
  13. R

LJ (Little Justin) Wilson

LJ jams with his father on a new tune. He has the most sophisticated sense of rhythm I've ever seen in such a young child.
  14. R

Omar Hakim on Roland V-Drums

He's quite enthusiastic. Maybe someone could put up a Yamaha interview for balance.
  15. R

Ultimate independence: playing unrelated tempos on different limbs?

Ah, the innocence of the beginner.
  16. R

Here's a recent solo by Kanade. She turned 18 a few months ago. She's going to be graduating from high school early in the Spring, and it will be interesting to see where her career goes after that.
  17. R

Roland VAD506

Thank you Poleaux for the reply. Thank you also to the other commenters.
  18. R

One consequence of having a role in the tv show Musica Piccolino is Kanade is perhaps the only drummer in the world who is portrayed by an anime character
  19. R

Roland VAD506

Thank you for the reply. It has a lot of interesting information. But I see my question wasn't quite clear. By "hybrid" I meant the VAD, not something you were going to create (I'm not a drummer so sometimes I use the wrong word). Now you say the VAD is more like an acoustic drumkit. So let me...
  20. R

Roland VAD506

Poleaux, could you say what you like about playing Roland hybrid drums, as opposed to pure acoustic or pure eDrums? And is anything worse?