Search results

1. Bull

Advice on a Ludwig Rock Concert

Coliseums don't have snare beds either. They are made for your inner caveman.
  2. Bull

Snare Sound

I've seen several vids of him playing a Remo Powerstroke 77 Coated. That track sounds like it could be one as well.
  3. Bull

Your snare formula

I prefer deeper drums. I seem to get more body at higher tunings. I usually use S-Hoops on the batter but occasionally will use a diecast. It depends on the drum. As for heads, I usually use something with a dot on the batter side. I prefer coated CS Emperors but they are a special order. I...
  4. Bull

S Hoops

If you do a lot of rimshots, you will notice a big difference. It will some you a fortune on sticks too.
  5. Bull

Your Ideal Snare Depth

I prefer 7 or 8. I like the extra body at higher tunings.
  6. Bull

Promark website

I almost posted about this yesterday. It's ridiculous.
  7. Bull

Best batter for a 26"

It depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I like a Coated Powerstroke 4 batter and either a Smooth White Powerstroke 3 or Emperor for a reso.
  8. Bull

Join A Sub Par Band Just To Get Back Out There?

No offense,man but your rhythm traveler "La Grange" vid was brutal. Why weren't YOU singing???
  9. Bull

Lost gear...sigh

I am a compulsive case counter. I count them at load in,in the staging area and load out. I fronted a metal band for 17 years. They drummer always used one of my kits. One night, I had to leave early from a local gig. The next week, I walked into the rehearsal space and automatically counted the...
  10. Bull

Bo in the Devo tribute band!

NICE!!!!!!
  11. Bull

INDe Aluminum snare?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. Anyone have any experience with them?
  12. Bull

Hey,Bermuda!...Evans question

I've seen Glen Sobel refer to a prototype in a couple of videos. It's an ST with a dot. Do you have any idea if these might be going into production?
  13. Bull

Good Deal!!!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/taye-drums-metalworks-vintage-brass-snare?src=3GOA4D1A Those are nice snares and that's about $500 off the usual street price.
  14. Bull

Larry does it again!

The man just gifted me a 9x13 ,3-ply, Ludwig tom for a project I am slowly working on. Coolest guy on the internet. It will be paid forward.
  15. Bull

One Man's Trash...

One of my friends bought a new house and is cleaning out the storage room of his current place.. His late father and brother were drummers. He told me he had a bunch of miscellaneous pieces and parts and said I could have anything I wanted . I went to check it out on Saturday and ended up with a...
  16. Bull

"Beato" Elite Pro 3

I recently got a new car and need some bags.I have put it off long enough. I already have some H&B Enduro cases and a few flight cases for any serious van/trailer gigging. These will be for around town. Drum Factory Direct has these really cheap ...
  17. Bull

Need a Good,Cheap Kit?

https://www.amazon.com/Mapex-Saturn-5-Piece-Natural-Lacquer/dp/B002SSUO08/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473363394&sr=8-2&keywords=mapex+saturn https://www.amazon.com/Mapex-Standard-5-Piece-Rootbeer-Sparkle/dp/B002SSUNWW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1473363394&sr=8-5&keywords=mapex+saturn...
  18. Bull

Ordering Direct From Aquarian

Anyone have any experience with this? Good/Bad?
  19. Bull

Ludwig P-85ac Bermuda?

My local Sam Ash and Guitar Center are starting to get drums outfitted with the new strainer. For some reason,the strainer still isn't available separately. Does anyone have any info on when they will be available?
  20. Bull

I keep fighting the Emperor X.

I've always liked their sound on my brass drums but only when I was playing alone. When I was playing with the band, I kept cranking it and cranking it to get the high end crack out of it. It felt like I was slamming a stick into a cement block all night. I quickly stopped using them. I think...