Search results

1. Fritz Frigursson

you can only pick two snare drums...

i will take my supra to the grave.
  2. Fritz Frigursson

I’ve gone and done it. No more suspended floor toms!

i think it’s my profile pic
  3. Fritz Frigursson

A different perspective, I suppose

1.6 if you’re red bull
  4. Fritz Frigursson

Cymbal pack

check out the zildjian K pack with the 14/16/18/20 medium cymbals. the K country pack is my favorite out of the zildjians, but it isn’t exactly perfect for me (i have different preferences) but it would work. or Sabian HHX, any pack.
  5. Fritz Frigursson

NU-X DM1 - Cymbal expansion

i wouldn’t spend any more money on pads, i would start saving up for an actually good kit from a reputable brand. i don’t think anyone here has heard of NU-X and it is 100% another generic medeli made kit. why invest more money into something that is less than ideal when you can save up for...
  6. Fritz Frigursson

Seating in front of a kit for the 1st time (Alesis Nitro Mesh), total beginner question

yeah but where’s the fun in that, practically like playing on pots and buckets.
  7. Fritz Frigursson

What's on your "wishlist"?

blue sparkle classic maples in downbeat config. actually, thinking about it i think i could also settle down for a USA custom in the same finish and sizes.
  8. Fritz Frigursson

Hacked?

thank god. Thought the forum collapsed for lack of funding.
  9. Fritz Frigursson

Hacked?

last thing i saw before the site went off was a post by gruntersdad asking for 300 bucks urgently... don’t know if it was hacked or the site has financial problems?
  10. Fritz Frigursson

Got some newfound love for the BD tom mount

why not the absolute hybrid maple from yamaha? or the tour custom? hell you could save more than a thousand bucks by going with a stage custom and that still has the same lugs and mounting system as the live hybrids. difference is in the kick drum legs and hoops. i agree with many when i say i...
  11. Fritz Frigursson

Where can I practice on a makeshift drum kit?

find a storage space and set up a real acoustic kit
  12. Fritz Frigursson

Pearl 75th Anniversary

I mean is there really a difference... I'm never going to buy an acrylic kit as a main kit since I don't like see-through stuff and the visuals are just not for me. I just think that for what they are, Vistalites are massively overpriced. Crystal Beats just on the limit of what I'd pay for an...
  13. Fritz Frigursson

Suspension mounts & floor tom legs - Sound influence

I use Yamaha YESS mounts and I find them the best. Not the longest sustain, but who actually wants drums to ring forever? I can position my toms how I want and the tom holders from Yamaha are rock solid. Personally I don't really care about floor tom legs. They all do the job and I absolutely...
  14. Fritz Frigursson

Purchased a DW Design Series kit recently

With painted hoops it would look just like a collectors. Nice kit, was considering getting one but couldn't find any good used offers.
  15. Fritz Frigursson

Pearl 75th Anniversary

or maybe pearl pays more than gretsch
  16. Fritz Frigursson

Pearl 75th Anniversary

Pearl “makes” acrylic shells that are 1500 dollars cheaper than vistalites, what’s going on there? are classic lugs worth 1500 dollars now? i mean they’re both seamless acrylic shells.
  17. Fritz Frigursson

Pearl 75th Anniversary

ever hear of the vistalite?
  18. Fritz Frigursson

Pearl 75th Anniversary

now if only yamaha would do something similar... cool idea. if this sparks a new trend and more companies start reissuing vintage kits, that would be a trend i could get behind.
  19. Fritz Frigursson

Does a drum rack save you time?

I tried the Hex rack from Yamaha but I stopped using racks because I don't think they really match drum kits. They look like industrial scaffolding, also everything the rack can do for my 4pc setup can also be done with stands. So no. But if you have a larger kit then I see the use.
  20. Fritz Frigursson

Seating in front of a kit for the 1st time (Alesis Nitro Mesh), total beginner question

You mean closing the hi hat or splashing it? I don't think cheaper kits have hi hat splashes. If you mean you can't get a sound when stepping on the pedal, then that's a problem. Try checking if the cable is fully connected, if not check if any of the connectors at the module is damaged. Or just...