Search results

1. S

Gavin Harrison here!

Thanks ! Yes it is 13"x10". I did hit it in the center and it sounded good, but I agree there is too much sustain... I'll try a different tuning later.
  2. S

Gavin Harrison here!

Hello Gavin, here are some news ! But first, I wish you happy new year, may 2021 be kind with you ! So here's what happened after you sent me your soundcloud with the recording of your toms. -In short- I asked a friend what notes you were playing (more precisely, wich octaves, because I couldn't...
  3. S

Gavin Harrison here!

Yes it works perfectly now ! Thank you for telling the notes as you go along. I'll try to do the same as you did with the SM58 with my SM57. Thanks a lot, and Merry Christmas !
  4. S

Gavin Harrison here!

Hey Gavin ! Thank a lot for the recordings, unfortunately, it says it is an empty playlist on the soudcloud, I don't know why. I asked some friends to test the link, and they have the same problem... About the protean snare drum video -I forgot about the tuning part, my bad. Luckly for me, I...
  5. S

Gavin Harrison here!

Hey Gavin ! I did some measurements : Tom tom : 10"x8" (Top Remo vintage coated, Reso Remo clear ambassador) Tom tom : 12"x9" (Top Remo vintage coated, Reso Remo clear ambassador) Tom tom : 13"x10" (Top Remo vintage coated, Reso Remo clear ambassador) Floor tom : 16"x14" (Top Remo vintage...
  6. S

Gavin Harrison here!

Hello Gavin, my name is Samuel and I'm from France. I'm currently struggling to tune my drums : they are pearl master custom mmx : 10", 12", 13", 16", 22". I was aiming for a sound similar to yours : The reso heads are all old but since they're reso I haven't changed them (it's a second hand...
  7. S

Gavin Harrison here!

Hello Gavin, sorry if this has already been asked - but I couldn't find a clear answer on the internet. I'm currently looking for crashes for my drumset, and you always have been a reference to me in terms of sound. I especially enjoyed your cymbal setup used in this video : and I was wondering...
  8. S

Gavin Harrison here!

Hello Gavin, how are you ? I understand that we can ask questions here (I'm not very familiar with this forum...) I wanted to know : what are the bass drum beaters you use ? I couldn't identify them. Also in your faq you told us about the pitch of your toms, but how do you identify the enotes...