Search results

1. Al Strange

A 19” crash for all occasions...

Hi all, I’m on the lookout for a versatile 19” crash and have narrowed it down to 3 contenders that based on sound files will all match the tone of my other cymbals despite sounding quite different: 19” Zildjian K-Series Dark Crash Thin 19” Paiste 602 Modern Essentials Crash 19” Sabian HH...
  2. Al Strange

Thomas Lang- revenge of the concert tom!!

I love Thomas, but I love reso’s on my toms! Anyone else out there following Thomas back to the future? :unsure:
  3. Al Strange

Wish list 2021...

What piece of gear tops your wish list for 2021? :unsure: 😀
  4. Al Strange

Eric Hammond 23 April 1934 - 19 Dec 2020

Today the drumming community lost a true legend. Eric was an incredible drummer, an inspirational teacher, and a great friend. I wanted to put something here because Eric was a truly remarkable human being, with an infectious joy for life, travel, people and music. He had a profoundly...
  5. Al Strange

The groove comes from the guitar player, the keyboard player or both...

Just seen this awesome interview on YouTube with the great Jim Keltner. He makes the statement that the groove doesn’t come from the drummer, but instead comes from the guitarist/keyboard player. Do you guys agree that the bass and drums are only adding icing to the groove cake? 🤔
  6. Al Strange

WorldMax 14 x 8 black brass...

Hi all, I’m seriously looking at getting one of these and wondered if any of you have played or play one? If so, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts? Also would love to hear from anyone else who plays a deep brass shell like this...:unsure: (y) :)
  7. Al Strange

Guilty pleasure, gulp, programmed drums...

I absolutely love a song by awesome Aussie singer John Farnham called “You’re The Voice”. It features stellar vocals by John, and features world class keyboard player David Hirschfelder, and an unbelievable guitarist by the name of Brett Garsed...now, the wrinkle is that this song has...
  8. Al Strange

Secret weapon...

Back in 1988, my drum teacher found me a beautiful pair of 1970’s 14” Zanki hi-hats. As I began gigging and recording, more than one engineer commented on how great my hats sounded and they seemed to fit any musical style. As the bands I played with became louder and louder I began to hit...