Search results

1. organworthyplayer337

A little help with mic/mixer options..

Being able to monitor your playing is an insanely invaluable practice/learning tool. I decided to do the same thing last July. I ended up getting a Focusrite 8PreX + OctoPre because being able to record into my daw and drive several monitors is a plus. The most important thing for me was being...
  2. organworthyplayer337

Comprehensive Gear List

Drums Tama Starclassic W/B Charcoal Onyx 5 piece + 8" Tom 22x16, 16x14, 14x12, 12x9, 10x8, 8x7 (Currently using the 10" and 14" in a 3-pc 1 up-1 down configuration) Snares Ludwig Aged Exotic Carpathian Elm LE 14x6.5 Tama SLP Studio Maple 14x6.5 Tama SLP G-Maple 13 x 7 Dunnett Classic Titanium...
  3. organworthyplayer337

Hacked?

I'm on talkbass.com alot and the same thing is happening there. They just updated the site with this message: "TalkBass is currently offline due to a catastrophic fire and subsequent fire-suppressant water damage at the datacenter where our servers are hosted. We have been offline since the...
  4. organworthyplayer337

Kit pic. Reversed my kit placement so I could add the second floor tom

Wow, yeah it is expensive, but very elegant looking! thanks for the link
  5. organworthyplayer337

Hey @Justinhub2003 I'm back haha, which hi-hat clutch is that? Looks super cool
  6. organworthyplayer337

Should I be worried? - New cymbal purchase

I ended up reaching out to MDS to see if this is common for this series. They said that they do see it from time to time and it's not out of the ordinary. Mystery solved!
  7. organworthyplayer337

you're 100% correct. If MDS says they can only take returns, I'll move on. At the end of the day, all I want to do is enjoy the cymbals, and that's still possible slight blems or not.
  8. organworthyplayer337

It's the Meinl Byzance Foundry Reserve series.
  9. organworthyplayer337

I'll send a message to MDS tomorrow morning. I hate returning gear 'cause shipping gets expensive and the whole process tires me out. I also purchased a new crash from them in the same order and it has a sizable scratch on it. Hopefully they offer partial refunds, if not... I'll take it on the...
  10. organworthyplayer337

I thought I made it clear what I was talking about in my OP but reading back, I definitely didn't. The center hole not being completely round is what I was referring to.
  11. organworthyplayer337

You think you'd avoid such conundrums when buying new from a reputable seller but here we are 🤷‍♀️ haha
  12. organworthyplayer337

Yes they are hand hammered!
  13. organworthyplayer337

I just purchased some brand new hi hats from Memphis drum shop. These were demoed for mycymbal.com so I got to hear them before I purchased. I thought they sounded great and I was ready to try something new. they arrived today and the bottom hat has this weird oblong thing going on. I’ve heard...
  14. organworthyplayer337

Drum shoes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SJ6NWTX/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A16FEWH71BK24Y&psc=1
  15. organworthyplayer337

Blindly buying sticks

Does this stick brand happen to start with an L and end with an S? :unsure: Lol
  16. organworthyplayer337

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

my set up is right up against a wall so it’s hard to get a good driver’s seat pic.
  17. organworthyplayer337

Can anyone kindly identify the percussion in this clip?

Yeah, that sounds totally electronic to me. Doesn’t really sound like any real percussion instrument. But that’s my inexperienced opinion
  18. organworthyplayer337

Thank you! Did you have to replace the L-rod to accommodate the diameter of your jam block (assuming its an LP)? Hope that makes sense
  19. organworthyplayer337

Hey do you have that jam-block mounted to the bass drum? If so, which mount are you using? I’ve been wanting to do that but the mounting options are slim
  20. organworthyplayer337

Beautiful kit. Love the Meinl. Certainly a dream set up.