Search results

1. organworthyplayer337

Should I be worried? - New cymbal purchase

I just purchased some brand new hi hats from Memphis drum shop. These were demoed for mycymbal.com so I got to hear them before I purchased. I thought they sounded great and I was ready to try something new. they arrived today and the bottom hat has this weird oblong thing going on. I’ve heard...
  2. organworthyplayer337

Upgrading mics (a couple of questions)

I started micing my kit a few months ago. Because I didn't really know what I was doing, I got a cheap mic kit just in case I changed my mind. Now, I am looking at a more expensive option. Right now, I am using a PGA 81 and Roswell Mini K47 as overheads in a Recorder-Man config. I am...
  3. organworthyplayer337

Gear you wished existed...

I've only been playing for a very short time now, but even still, there are two pieces of gear I wished existed: 1. Promark Natural 5As with an ACORN tip (I personally don't like the feel, sound or look of the teardrop shape) 2. A drum throne that has both a swivel and a lock feature (meaning...
  4. organworthyplayer337

Porter & Davies BC Gigster user Qs

Hey everyone, I have a few simple questions for those that own a Porter and Davies BC Gigster; 1. Does the "link out" work basically as a passive out? Meaning, can you run the bass drum mic cable to the Mic in, and then go out with another XLR into an interface for recording? 2. How is the...
  5. organworthyplayer337

Examples of a 14x8 Snare in a Mix?

I am interested in a purchasing a 14 x 8 snare. But I've heard from a couple posters on various forums that they can disappear in a mix pretty easily. I wanted to see if anyone had a recording that they know a 14 x 8 snare drum was used (or some of your own recordings). I'm having a hard time...
  6. organworthyplayer337

Connecting Roland SPD-SX to Audio Interface: Help Needed

Hello all, I have a set up in my head that I would like to achieve. Currently, I have a practice set up that includes live monitoring of drum mics. I'm doing this with a Focusrite 8PreX and an OctoPre since Focusrite has a direct monitoring feature that makes things simple. I need to be able...
  7. organworthyplayer337

Roland SPD-SX Question for those who own one...

Do you know if there is a way to copy all data from SPD-SX to another? I know it sounds strange but I'm wondering if it is possible to maybe copy the kits/settings from one unit and "paste" them into another. Thanks to anyone who has some insight on whether this is possible or not. *I...
  8. organworthyplayer337

EZ Drummer 2 + Alesis Nitro new bug, need help

I have been using Toontrack’s EZ drummer 2 with Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit for about a year. Everything worked perfectly but now it will only work for a couple minutes tops before EZ Drummer just stops reading anything from the E Kit. I don’t think that it’s the E-drums because, 1) they work fine on...
  9. organworthyplayer337

Monitoring audio from two computers?

Hey guys, I have a "problem" that I was hoping I could get a help little solving. So I have two computers. One I use to record, track etc. (my main interface is hooked up to this one). The other computer is mainly used for music/audio that I play to. I would like to consolidate and only...
  10. organworthyplayer337

I want to start recording the drums.... Outboard preamp necessary?

I have been a musician for years and began recording and "producing" a few years ago. Because of that, I have some limited experience with audio recording and engineering. I have never recorded a drum kit before so I hopped on here in hopes of receiving some guidance. I started playing drums...
  11. organworthyplayer337

New to Drum Triggers: Would this work?

I own an Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit and am planning to use its module for triggering my bass drum. I usually just plug it's module into my computer via USB and use it to control EZ Drummer. I was thinking that I could take the original cable going to the electric bass drum tower and plug it into a...
  12. organworthyplayer337

Does this sound like it could work? (Offset tom mounting)

A Gibraltar 9713PM + a Tama MTH1000 Here's what I am thinking: Attaching the Tama double tom stand to the "centered" clamp in the front (the one that is holding the tom in this photo): and mounting two toms (10" and 12") on the Tama MTH1000. I would probably mount a cymbal on one of...
  13. organworthyplayer337

Wood Hoops and Clear Batter Heads (TAMA SLP Maple Studio Kit)

Hi, I've been looking into a few drum kits and listened all the demos of the TAMA SLP kit that I could. In all of them, they either have the stock coated heads or after market coated heads. Is it pretty unpopular to put clear batter heads on drums with wood hoops? A better question I guess is...
  14. organworthyplayer337

Beginner frustration. Need advice.

I've only been playing for a few months, but I am already getting bored because of my limited ability. I find myself playing the same grooves/patterns or playing to the same songs and not being able to finish all the way through because I am getting bored/frustrated (because I can't play what I...
  15. organworthyplayer337

Cymbal Bag Recommendations?

I'm in the market for a good cymbal bag. Preferably with dividers. I have found that it is very difficult to shop for cymbal bags online because the capacity of the bag is rarely listed and there usually aren't any photos of the inside of the bag. Do you guys have any suggestions for a good...
  16. organworthyplayer337

20" vs 21" inch ride cymbal (which one do you prefer and why?)

I've been posting on this site a lot because I am a new drummer trying to start a good collection of cymbals to last me a while into the future. I would like to understand the difference between a 20" and a 21" inch ride cymbal. I know that there are a couple of threads asking a similar...
  17. organworthyplayer337

16" or 18" "trash" crash to go with 17" and 19"?

Hey, with all this time at home I've been picking up a couple of new cymbals. So far, I've only acquired Zildjian cymbals. I'm now looking into TRX cymbals. What I'm sporting right now: 17" K Constantinople 19" K custom special dry trash crash 20" Custom dark ride. I personally love "trash"...
  18. organworthyplayer337

Cymbal "knick", will this be a problem?

Hi, I recently got on here to ask questions about cymbals. Well, because of everything that is going on right now, I ordered the cymbals online and one of them came with what I believe to be a "flea bite". I have attached pictures; What are the chances that this will get worse/cause a crack...
  19. organworthyplayer337

Help a new drummer decide on cymbals plz!

Hi, I'm a new drummer that is trying to assemble their first acoustic kit. Taking many experienced drummers' advice; I am not planning to cheap out on cymbals. This is what I am looking to pull the trigger on real soon; 1. Zildjian A Sweet Ride 21"...
  20. organworthyplayer337

What are considered "cheap" cymbals?

Hi all, I am doing research on acoustic drum gear as I am still learning on an electric kit. From my research, I have gathered that new players are advised to stay away from cheap cymbals. But what exactly is considered "cheap cymbals"? Is there a certain price range to start with? Are cymbal...