Search results

1. Fritz Frigursson

Yamaha EAD10

This really looks like a big deal, and I am really interested in it. A few questions to owners: -Can you use it to monitor the kit with 0 effects or "scenes" on? I use IEMs during practice and can't hear the kit very well, and I would like to hear some drum sounds for once and hear the kit. I...
  2. Fritz Frigursson

New Ludwig Acro Brass and Acro Copper snares

Ludwig came out with these two snares very recently, they look like newer Acrolites but in brass and copper instead of the usual aluminium. Thoughts?
  3. Fritz Frigursson

How do I hint to my practice space that we need to change heads?

I share a small practice space with 4 other people and we have 2 kits in the room: A Pearl kit that belongs to one of the guys and is for private use only (we can't touch it) and a Yamaha which everyone else can use. The heads on that kit have been there since I got there a year ago and they...
  4. Fritz Frigursson

What's a "used acrolite" of wood snares?

A common reply to the frequently asked "what's a good all-round snare" question is "Used acrolite" or "Supra". But what's a popular wooden snare? Do you even need a wooden snare if you already have a supra?
  5. Fritz Frigursson

Should I pull the trigger on Starclassics

So my local store has a sale going on and they’ve got a new Tama Starclassic maple 4pc in satin black (FBK) that they’re doing a 20% deal on. It’s currently 1830 euros, down from 2300. I don’t exactly love the sizes since they’re 2 inches too big (the kit is 22x16, 10x7, 12x8 and 16x16 while I...
  6. Fritz Frigursson

Cymbal pack dilemma

I am looking into buying a new set of cymbals since I currently use someone else’s that they let others use at the studio space I rent with a few other guys. I am fairly decided on Zildjian K cymbals since I have the most experience with them and I enjoy their sound more than As or S’ (I also...
  7. Fritz Frigursson

Pearl Masters BCX.. buy or pass?

Hey all. So there’s a Pearl Masters BCX birch kit in piano black that’s been sitting at my local store for a few months now and nobody seems to be interested in it. The sizes are real nice too, at 22x18, 10x8, 12x9 and 14x14 floor although I’d much prefer a 16” floor tom. Price is 780 euros...
  8. Fritz Frigursson

Supraphonic hardware question

Hey guys. I’m in the middle of a fight with my LM402. It’s got an annoying overtone I really want to remove which is sucking all the enjoyment out of playing the damn thing. And before you ask, yes the heads are in tune with themselves and I really really can’t hear pitch differences between...
  9. Fritz Frigursson

LM402 tuning driving me crazy

I have a 2020 model Ludwig LM402 and the first thing I did when I got it was switch out the heads for Control Sound Coated batter and Diplomat reso to save the stock heads. They didn’t sound very good so I messed with tuning and everything and in the end I just put the default heads back on. It...
  10. Fritz Frigursson

20” Maple Custom bass drum sounds like a bop kick

At the studio I practice at, they’ve got 2 Yamaha Maple Custom Nouveaus in the same finish, one with 20/10/14 configuration and the other with the classic 22/12/16. I can get the second kit tuned really well (love the 22x14 kick) with nice punchy bass drum but the smaller one sounds really...
  11. Fritz Frigursson

LM402 ring

So I got a new snare, a 2020 Ludwig Supraphonic 14x6.5. I really like it so far and I put a Remo CS coated batter with a Diplomat reso thinking the reverse dot would provide a bit of muffling and remove some overtones. I was kinda wrong because the drum tends to still have a metallic ring to it...
  12. Fritz Frigursson

Did I get ripped off

A few months back I was invited to join a practice space for 50 euros a month by my drum teacher after 3 years of E drums and I accepted immediately. Since I didn’t need the E kit anymore I decided to sell it. It was a Roland TD11KV which I paid 1100 euros 3 years ago from a local store. My drum...
  13. Fritz Frigursson

Supra or BB

Hey. I just sold my Roland E kit and have 800 euros to spend on a snare drum since I got a studio space and can FINALLY play an acoustic drum. It really is another instrument. My drum teacher told me to get a snare that would last me a lifetime (and maybe even pass down to future generations)...
  14. Fritz Frigursson

Dixon “Art Classic”

I have found a really particular kit that I can’t find ANYWHERE online. I play it at my music school and it’s a Dixon Art Classic. I think it’s a 10/12/16/22 but unsure of the depth of the shells. Even comes with a matching snare drum which has offset tuning lugs. Pretty cool huh? Red to black...
  15. Fritz Frigursson

What is a good drummer

Well hey guys. I have been playing for around 3 1/2 years and while I can’t define myself as a good drummer I don’t think I am a beginner either. Just middle of the road. Although I really like drumming I don’t listen to that many famous drum records. I understand Steve Gadd...
  16. Fritz Frigursson

Another NAMM another disappointment

Well guys NAMM is coming to and end and we have seen 0 electronic drums announced. I think this is not going to be the year Yamaha comes back to the game (how old is the DTX900 module again?) and Roland is going to continue to reign. This has been a pretty bad show for e drums.
  17. Fritz Frigursson

Can't take PDP seriously somehow

Hey guys. This subject has been bugging me for some time, and I don't think I'll be able to get over it. It's a personal preference thing but I want to try and get this out. PDP is, in a nutshell, a DW Lite. They've got the same parent company, sure, but I feel as if they are two completely...
  18. Fritz Frigursson

Roland resale value

I heard Roland kits can be sold for a reasonable amount of money. How much do you think I can get from a great condition Roland TD11KV that I bought last May for 1300 euros? Maybe since it's an old model now it won't be much of value... but I don't want to drive for an hour all the way to the...
  19. Fritz Frigursson

What snare di RHCP use

Quick question, what snare did Chad Smith use in their most popular songs (Californication, Dani California, ect..)? They sound like the same snare and it sure sounds great.
  20. Fritz Frigursson

Used snares

Looking for used snares under 250 EUR. If I buy new I can barely afford a Gretsch Renown snare with triple flanged hoops (which is a nice snare but I could get similar snares for less by going used. Local store has a Tama Starclassic Performer Birch (not bubinga) 14x5.5 listed for 170. Should I...