Search results

1. PaisteGuy

Partial Kit Set Up

Finally received some more hardware that’s slowly trickling in. The Tama distributor is notorious for not stocking anything in Canada. Anyways, Pictured is a StarClassic Bubinga, 8”x10”, 9”x12”, 14”x16” and 18”x22”. Paiste’s are 15” Dark Energy Mark l Hats, 20” Dark Energy Mark l Ride, 18”...
  2. PaisteGuy

Traded the Dubs for a Tama Star Walnut

Well, I traded the Collectors today for a Tama Star Walnut in 7”x10”, 8”x12”, 14”x14”, 16”x16” and 16”x22” BD. Plus they threw in an SLP Walnut Snare. It’ll be a 5-6 month wait, but it’ll be worth it. I’m stoked.
  3. PaisteGuy

New Kit Pic’s (shell pack only)

New kit arrived a couple of days ago, but I won’t be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Until then, I asked the Drum Guy to go ahead and Unbox them and put Remo Smoked Emperors on them (PS3 on BD batter). 8”x10”, 9”x12” racks. 12”x14, 14”x16” floors and 16”x22” BD. All Maple shell, Quilted...
  4. PaisteGuy

Small dent, would You still buy?

A friend of mine came across a locker (All Drum related items) for sale. Among the cymbals is an 18” Paiste Signature Fast Crash. He sent me a pic’ of it. Do any of You think this is worth buying? The dent is very small, and probably won’t develop into a crack, but that’s still possible. He’s...
  5. PaisteGuy

Gretsch Natural Satin Finish

Does Anyone in the Gretsch Camp or with Furniture restoration/finishing experience know what Lacquer or polyurethane they use. I really like the Gretsch Natural satin finish, because it has a slight honey coloured tint to it, as opposed to a washed out blonde look other companies have. Just...
  6. PaisteGuy

DW finish ply costs

Hi all, I currently own a 10 piece DW Design Series Kit, which I’ll be selling. I’m considering a collectors, as I don’t care for the finishes of the performance series. I looked at a couple of different finish options, but they’re pricey and one doesn’t make sense to me. The guy I deal with at...