Search results

1. graysonator

Coated vs. Clear Heads

I decided to try clear on my snare for once:
  2. graysonator

Slingerland COB TDR snare!

Do it! And get the Super Kick version for your bass!
  3. graysonator

Coffee

Just had to pop in and say this is probably one of the most entertaining threads i've been to... :) I have to attend to my late night cappuccino now! See y'all in a bit!
  4. graysonator

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

Glad to see things are getting better, my friend. I'm curious what kit did you order? Another Midtown?
  5. graysonator

13x7 Snare Drum

I'd start with a new coated single ply head and go from there, (Ambassador, G1/UV1, Texture Coated)
  6. graysonator

13x7 Snare Drum

I have a Pork Pie Patina Brass in that size, right now i'm running an Aquarian Texture Coated Single Ply on it (Similar to a Coated Ambassador), being a brass snare, it's pretty loud and aggressive so it works best medium-high. What shell material is yours made of?
  7. graysonator

Snare to complement my Acrolite

yeah I agree, get both.
  8. graysonator

Pork Pie Copper Patina

I have the 7x13 brass version, but copper is generally a darker and warmer sounding metal, meanwhile my brass is a little louder and more aggressive. Still a wonderful choice though, the patina finish is definitely the highlight of both our drums!
  9. graysonator

Evans heads- Advise pls!!!

I'm using an Aquarian Hi-Energy, it's my new favorite! Does high and tight fantastically!
  10. graysonator

brass snare

I have a 7x13 brass pork pie, mine is cranked as well because my particular model likes to go high, but i'm not that much of an overtones guy so once my aquarian texture coated head is done for, i'll likely replace it with a focus-x model
  11. graysonator

Show us your Sonor Hi Tech set

What wood are the shells, my friend?
  12. graysonator

Pleasant gear surprises?

I had an Aquarian Focus-X (Similar to a P3) on one of my snares for at least two years before changing, it was the first drumhead I bought ever and I just loved that thing so much, may have to get another one.
  13. graysonator

Gretsch Renown vs Mapex Saturn V

:D...:)...😐...😕...☹. (jk, but i'd still go with a renown or saturn 100%)
  14. graysonator

Comprehensive Gear List

Pearl Decade - 18x22, 16x18, 16x16, 8x12, 7x10 - Aquarian Super 2's on toms, Aquarian Reflector Super Kick on bass Snares: 7x13 Pork Pie Patina Brass - Aquarian Texture Coated Single Ply 5x13 Custom Bubinga - Aquarian Hi-Energy Clear (currently my favorite snare) 6x14 Custom Cocobolo - Aquarian...
  15. graysonator

What's your latest purchase?

Here’s a demo of the paperthin, still unbelievable how low pitched a cymbal like this can be!
  16. graysonator

What's your latest purchase?

22” Dream Bliss Paperthin, $170 out the door, too good of a deal to pass up!
  17. graysonator

DW, Gretsch, and PDP event goes live on 2/5 at 12PST, 3EST

That Caribbean Blue finish on USA and Broadkaster is absolutely stunning!
  18. graysonator

What are you listening to right now?

I'm a bit of a lo-fi fan as well, so I made this little beat It turned out pretty great! took me about an hour. the title was definitely inspired by Dave and Chick.
  19. graysonator

Metal or Wood?

7x13 brass, 6x14 cocobolo, 5x13 bubinga as of currently
  20. graysonator

What are you listening to right now?

Listening to some good ol' Poncho Sanchez..