Search results

1. drumdevil9

What is your workhorse snare from your collection?

There are two I use the most now. 5x14 Supra and a Gretsch COB also 5x14.
  2. drumdevil9

Bigger Kits

Great question. Probably not. I would use at most a 5 piece. I use a 4 most of the time.
  3. drumdevil9

Small hardware bag for lighter weight hardware-Inexpensive Option

Wheels are a must IMO like Larry said. Here's my post from almost 2 years ago and that bag is still going strong.
  4. drumdevil9

Looking for recommendations for lightweight cymbal stands.

I use the DW Ultralight cymbal stands pretty much exclusively now for gigs. They're the lightest out there and are well made. I like that they have a classy vintage look but with modern features. I saw the Tama classic stands up close recently and was not as impressed as I thought I would be...
  5. drumdevil9

Join A Sub Par Band Just To Get Back Out There?

It's just going to be painful. I've been there. It's not worth it.
  6. drumdevil9

Getting a Broadkaster pretty soon. You can help me deceide on the finish.

After careful consideration I would probably choose gold sparkle.
  7. drumdevil9

R.I.P Neil Peart

R.I.P to a master.
  8. drumdevil9

I couldn’t help it. I missed THE sound.

Totally jealous. I've been itching to get a Classic Maple downbeat. Red sparkle though. Or maybe sky blue pearl.
  9. drumdevil9

The "drum audition"...for vehicles.

I have a Toyota Yaris 4 door hatchback. It's a small car but I fit a 4 or 5 piece kit easily and load in/out is a breeze.
  10. drumdevil9

I'm on a Magazine Cover!

Awesome. congrats!
  11. drumdevil9

Playing volume

I play in a similar acoustic duo. I started out using rods but have moved more towards sticks because of the articulation control mostly on hats and cymbals. I played a gig a few weeks ago like this and switched to sticks after the first or second song because the rods were just not giving me...
  12. drumdevil9

New Drum Kit

I would dispute the Breakbeats recommendation. The sizes are too small.
  13. drumdevil9

CHAINS- any thoughts?

Not my cup of tea.
  14. drumdevil9

All the best wishes....

Happy Holidays to yourself and all DW members!
  15. drumdevil9

"Sweet Caroline"

Canada is the same. I'm in Montreal. We occasionally play both those songs and get that reaction every time.
  16. drumdevil9

Preference: Ludwig USA Club Date or Gretsch Brooklyn?

Either would do the job admirably. I have a Brooklyn bop kit and it's awesome tuned up high. I don't play jazz gigs but I like a vintage vibe. I also have the older Club Date SE with the same roundover edge and they also sound great tuned up high. They have a nice bonky sound. I know it's not...
  17. drumdevil9

Ugly or not?

I like it a lot. Maybe not my first choice but I would proudly play it. Not as well as Steve though.
  18. drumdevil9

PDP LTD

That's the one. It's a nice kit and sounds good.
  19. drumdevil9

New Cymbal Spinning on It's Own

Don't dismiss demonic possession as a cause. :devilish: (Cue The Exorcist theme)
  20. drumdevil9

heeeelp…..

I had an Orion birch in the 90's with those lugs and bracket base plates. It said Orion on the badge though so not exactly sure what yours is. Nice kit though.