Search results

1. NackAttack

Tama Starclassic Performer (birch/maple) vs. All Maple

They should work fine. I use them to listen to music too. Etys just fit the bill for me. I like a flat response and bass that has some punch but never drowns anything else out. They also are great at isolation (I use the 3 flange tips). You would probably be happy with the cheaper ones...
  2. NackAttack

heel toe - help

Sorry, I didn’t notice the convo had changed from heel toe to just ankles.
  3. NackAttack

heel toe - help

Someone correct me if I’m wrong here, but I can’t imagine doing rlrl while doing heel toe at speeds >180. I mean, I’ve seen videos of people doing crazy stuff like that using the traditional “heel toe” (as opposed to “ball of the foot-toe”) but I feel like those people are the exception. I think...
  4. NackAttack

Tama Starclassic Performer (birch/maple) vs. All Maple

I have the KZ ZST as well as Shure 215 and an older model of the etymotic you mentioned. The etymotics are my favorites. The KZs are nice, but a little too bass heavy for my taste. They are great when monitoring the bass player live, but playing by myself I like the 215s better. Nothing like a...
  5. NackAttack

Seriously considering Trick hi-hat pedal

I couldn’t tell you. I don’t have any first hand experience with the Czarcie Kopyto. It looks absolutely amazing. I will say that I would love to try it and an ACD Unlimited Darwin pedal someday. Those types of pedals aren’t really common in my neck of the woods though. I don’t even know if...
  6. NackAttack

Stick Experimentation Disease?

I’ve been suffering from stick experimentation disease for the last 3 years. I was settled on Ahead for quite a few years. Time with my drums slowed down substantially when I had a child. After about a 2 year break (for lack of a better term) I decided I would start using trees again. I’ve used...
  7. NackAttack

Pedal mounted triggers

I wondered the same thing when I first started researching what triggers to get. I’ve never used any of the pedal mounted triggers, but have read that you can control dynamics. To what extent I’m not sure.
  8. NackAttack

heel toe - help

One of the members here, beyondbetrayal, has some easily understandable explanations of his technique. There is more involved than just foot technique when you’re beginning. The tightness of the head, spring tension, beater distance, and foot placement are all things I had to dial in just...
  9. NackAttack

Corn starch practice pad?

That was super cool. I’m an elementary teacher, so I’ve made that stuff many times. I’m ashamed that I’ve never thought to play on it like I do every other surface in the classroom (with #2 sticks, of course).
  10. NackAttack

Roland RT-MicS

It seems really cool to me. Of course I would only consider it at its current price point. My only worry is if the mic on it is just totally horrendous. Then it would basically just be a stand alone trigger which isn’t quite as interesting.
  11. NackAttack

Roland RT-MicS

Does anyone have any experience using the Roland RT-MicS trigger? It has been on sale for $99 for a while now. It looks interesting but I’m having trouble finding objective reviews on it, which is strange because it’s been around for a few years now. Maybe it’s just not that popular?
  12. NackAttack

It's not all bad news in the musical instrument industry - Sweetwater hits $1 billion revenue

^This. My local shop rarely has what I’m looking for and it’s 30 minutes away. I try to buy there, but I’ve been using Sweetwater a lot more lately. Especially since the pandemic.
  13. NackAttack

Covid -19

Just to throw some irony into the situation, one of the common symptoms is loss of smell. If whoever smelt it did in fact deal it, you’re probably good.
  14. NackAttack

First double bass pedal

If there’s nothing wrong with your current pedals, I wouldn’t waste time buying another entry-level set. It’s not clear why you want to upgrade. No one will see your pedals at a gig and unless there’s a god awful squeak or something, they won’t affect the sound on a recording. That being said...
  15. NackAttack

Meinl Cymbal Recommendation?

I have a 17 Byzance medium thin that I use as my main crash and I love it. It’s the only Meinl I’ve ever owned, so I can’t say how it might sound in relation to the OP’s setup.
  16. NackAttack

Your honest critique...

Thank you! I was starting to think I was the only one on here. I would totally get that green oyster everyone is hating on. I like all the wild stuff.
  17. NackAttack

Durable China Cymbals...

I second this. I’ve used the yellow one on an 18” Wuhan for at least 15 years. I bought a Wuhan because I knew I would beat the tar out of it. I figured I would save up while playing this one and buy a nicer one when it broke. It still hasn’t broke.
  18. NackAttack

Floor Toms for Dummies (ok, me)

I’m surprised there were so many comments before this was mentioned. I think this alone is worth having a FT. It might not have a place in every song or genre but how can you refrain from doing this when you’re just jamming?
  19. NackAttack

Oh how I’ve changed

Glad I’m not the only one. “Back from the Dead ” yesterday lol.