Search results

1. J

King Crimson Hearbeat...which sound is the click comping thru the song?

Also a very similar click can be heard during the mandolin intro in Mike Oldfield's Taurus I. Is it a Linn? Any idea?:unsure::unsure:
  2. J

Anyone can confirm diameter for the Roland TD-1DMK rack tubes?

I'm planning to DIY shorter rack arms for the hi-hat on the left and ride cymbal on the right due to floor space limitation. I would like to confirm this in order to get the correct tubes when the kit arrives!! Otherwise I would have measured it myself...:p:p Any comment on this is truly...
  3. J

Standard mesh heads on Roland TD-1DMK series.

I noticed double mesh heads factory mounted on the Roland TD-1DMK are unbeliavebly expensive. The 6" heads are about $55 and the 8" for the snare about $34... Is it possible to mount standard mesh heads (perhaps single layer, starting at about $10...)? Would it affect the set behaviour in any...
  4. J

Standard mesh heads on Roland TD series.

I noticed double mesh heads factoy mounted on the Roland TD-1DMK are unbeliavebly expensive. The 6" heads are about $55 and the 8" for the snare about $34... Is it possible to mount standard mesh heads (perhaps single layer, starting at about $10...)? Does it affect the response of the set...
  5. J

Switch trigger for a bass drum.

Hi!! I am planning to get an Alesis Turbo Mesh kit for home silent practicing. I must state this one became the final option due to budget and floor space issues, so no debate on this, plz. Decision has been already made.;) Thing is it does not include a kick tower, but a switch bassdrum pedal...
  6. J

How to dampen or lower-down the volume of an 8" splash?

How to dampen or lower-down the volume of an 8" splash? I do practice with a Pearl Compact Traveler mini-kit in a flat with neighbours. Any suggestions out there? Regards...
  7. J

Pearl Compact Traveller with mesh heads?

I am planning to get a Pearl Compact Traveller kit, I live in an apartment and rehearsal in a corner of a tiny room. But as far as I know, decibels with a Pearl Compact Traveller in a block of apartments may be an issue. Are the heads interchangeable? I'd better go for mesh heads and Remo Ring...
  8. J

Silent hi-hats too loud!!!

I would need to dampen this hi-hat set even more....Turns out the silent hi-hat sets in general tend to sound too crisp and render strong high-frequencies overall. Any idea on how to accomplish? Or how about going felt drumsticks? Any opinion truly acknowledged....:):):):) Regards....
  9. J

Tom head for a bass drum? WTF?

Seems crazy, I know. But I am unable to find a low-volume 18" mesh head for my 18" bass drum. Seems the most difficult size to find! There are tons of 20" and 22" around, but 18" are harder to find. How viable in the mid-term (perhaps things could change in a few months...perhaps the market...
  10. J

Remo silent-stroke mesh head for bass drum....felt or wood beater?

In a few days my drum set will arrive home (promise to post then;)). In the meantime I was wondering which kind of beater in the bass-drum pedal is better for a Remo 18" Silent Stroke Mesh Head BD I have heard that felt beaters could damage the mesh head, don't know if this is correct. Any...
  11. J

Remo silent-stroke mesh head for bass drum....felt or wood beater?

In a few days my drum set will arrive home (promise to post then;)). In the meantime I was wondering which kind of beater in the bass-drum pedal is better for a Remo 18" Silent Stroke Mesh Head BD I have heard that felt beaters could damage the mesh head, don't know if this is correct. Any...
  12. J

A video progressive sight-reading course for drums?

I wondered if something like that could exist, just like https://www.talkingbass.net/simple-steps-sight-reading/ but designed mainly for the drums. I do sight-read drums decently by now, but I would like to take advantage of the covid thing (seems the industry is now almost under minimum) in...
  13. J

A tool for sight-reading?

Hi!!! I wonder if is there available a tool for sight reading practice on the drums as there is in sightreadingfactory.com for other instruments. I play bass as well and am used to practice sightreading for the bass with it. But regarding percussion...only snare drum is available. I would...
  14. J

Greetings, just arrived!!!

Greetings to everyone, I am new to this forum. Just to say hello. Regards!!!