Search results

1. Lovetadraw

In Search of Higher Pitched Sounds...

With fun-fun tax refund season on its way, I'm thinking of treating myself to some new/upgraded gear. I'd really like to add 6" and 8" toms to my setup, however, my budget doesn't allow me to get vintage, add on, or custom-made drums to fully realize this desire. I've looked around and while I...
  2. Lovetadraw

It's Beyond True...

I had my first practice set with a band where the mix was pretty thick and what a lot of people say about, "that overtone will disappear in the mix, don't worry about it" is very true. I knew it would happen but I'm surprised to the extent that it did! Also, I'm in a band now. I'm very happy...
  3. Lovetadraw

Aquarian Studio X Type Snare Heads

I haven't really had time to experiment with heads but I recently put a hole in my 12" snare's head, so.... Time for a new one! It's a Studio X Coated and I'm wondering what other heads might have a similar sound to it. The OCD part of me says, "What's the Remo equivalent?", but I'm open to...
  4. Lovetadraw

Bass Drum and Floor Tom Pitch Separation

So I've been trying to fix this for a while bu I can't seem to find a solution. My bass drum is tuned up (PS pro batter, PS3 reso), has good boom and oomph but I keep running into a simple problem... The 16" floor tom (Copated Amb/stock) sounds higher in pitch than the 22" bass drum. I don't see...
  5. Lovetadraw

Small Cheap E-Drumpad for Travel?

So here's the deal, my exbandmates moved to Texas. I live in Pennsylvania. It's why we broke up. They want me to visit them for a few days this summer and I'm on the hunt for a small electric drum pad for about 100$ (cheaper the better). As long as it can fit in a suitcase and makes recognizable...
  6. Lovetadraw

A Cheap "Click" Patch Alternative :)

I just got a Powerstroke Pro batter for my bass drum, I didn't get one of the patches at the store because I have some old coated heads I can cut patches from. At that, it sounded awesome but I wanted a little more attack; a little more click, so I added a use Amazon giftcard between the 2...
  7. Lovetadraw

We just sit in the back and smile...

I thought this was funny.
  8. Lovetadraw

Changing The Color of a Tom?

I hope I don't get ran out of the forum for asking this, but.... Has anyone had any experience changing the color on their drums? In my case I'm looking for a 10" tom to add to my kit and found one, only my kit is shiny black (no sparkles) and this tom is dark green. Should I buy it, is it a...
  9. Lovetadraw

Small Snares For Metal?

I'm just wondering, I like the high pitched sound snare sound that the Rev has in the City Of Evil album and I've noticed a lot of heavy metal seems to favor that sound. I know that that particular snare had very thick shells but couldn't you get the same sound from a small (circumference, not...
  10. Lovetadraw

Fast Crashes

My local Guitar Center has a used A Custom Fast Crash for sale. I've been eying the Rezo crashes for sometime but I thought I'd look into this one. I hear people either love it or hate it, mostly people who don't like it say it's too quiet and that it breaks really easily. I play mostly rock...
  11. Lovetadraw

Strange Question About EQing

I've found that when I yawn while playing it gives my drums a certain sound. It's hard to describe but I really like it sometimes. Does anybody else have a similar experience as this and know how one could EQ there drums to get this sound if they wanted to?
  12. Lovetadraw

Time signature question

I know in a basic 4/4 you accent the 3rd note. 1 2 *3* 4, 1n*2*n3n*4*n, etc. Waltzes are 1 *2**3* . What about 6/4 and 7/8? Where does the accent go?
  13. Lovetadraw

Cut or Drill?

So, I've had this 18" ZBT (don't say it) China since I got this first drum set of mine. It was used and had some minor cracks all around the edge, being a bit of a noob, I never payed any mind. Then I learned that cracks get worse like this http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8130/img3890t.jpg so...
  14. Lovetadraw

Good Second Crash

I'm fairly new to drumming (Since last August) and just last November I got my own set. I got a Zildjian ZBT (don't tell me it's bad) 14 inch crash as my first crash. I'm wondering what's a good second crash to compliment a 14 inch? I like Zildjian, so I'm sticking to it. If I can, I want to...