Search results

1. BertTheDrummer

Paiste Consistency is kind of crazy. (Also a bit of a New Cymbal Day)

So quick story, I got a good deal on some custom order Pasite Colorsound 2002 Cymbals that someone had ordered and decided to sell. I figured they might go well as a companion to my standard 2002s for using for certain shows or what not and I ended up getting a pretty good deal on them. The...
  2. BertTheDrummer

Cymbal ideas, a combo of qualities of a Paiste 2002 and a Zildjian K?

I have a set of Zildjian Ks that I love and a set of Paiste 2002s that I love. However, sometimes I wish I could just meld the two and come up with something that is in between the two. I guess a combo of the two would be a better description than in between the two. Any ideas? My Zildjian...
  3. BertTheDrummer

Black or White Bass Reso Head? (Need Opinions)

I've been trying to figure out if I want to roll with a white or black reso head on my kit. The set is a DW Performance Series, the color is called Sapphire Granite Night Sky... it is kind of a mix of blue and granite sparkle on black. I took a picture of the set with the stock black and with...
  4. BertTheDrummer

Cymbal Logo Removal (Removed the guy off my Rev. Al Big Ride) w/ Pictures

So I got a Paiste 2002 24" Reverend Al's Big Ride and while I really liked the ride, I just didn't like looking over at my ride and seeing a guy flipping me off. So I decided to go about trying to remove it without damaging the cymbal. After, looking through some old threads here on DW I tried...
  5. BertTheDrummer

Another Drum Bag/Cases Recommendation Thread

I did a quick search and noticed there hasn't been one of these in a while so I figured I'd just start a new one. I've been using Humes and Berg Galaxy bags for a while but with my new DW Acrylic kit, the sizes are different than what I already have bags for. I thought about just getting more...
  6. BertTheDrummer

Poor man's tune bot.... using your phone (not the Drum Tune Pro app)

Just an FYI, I used to own a tune bot but eventually just got fed up with it and sold it. Recently I found this little thing that kinda works as a poor man's tune bot. $9.99 for the Peterson Stobosoft Tuner App + Your Phone I know the drum tune pro app is out there as well, but for some...
  7. BertTheDrummer

New Drums Day (DW Acrylic inside)

Well I guess I'm not cool anymore since I have a DW kit. (see thread on is DW cool anymore). Recently I've had my eye on a couple vintage acrylic kits, but just decided to hop on Reverb to see what modern acrylics were up and see if I could find a good deal. I hadn't planned on going the DW...
  8. BertTheDrummer

New vs Old Gretsch Catalina Maple?

Edit: I'm not in need of this info anymore but I'll leave it in case anyone else is wondering.
  9. BertTheDrummer

Any thoughts about the new PDP Kit? (Sporting the newer PDP Logo)

I mentioned this in the thread about the new Sabian logo, but I thought the newer PDP logo was interesting. Hadn't seen it in person before, but saw it today while I was at GC. Plus there's the new PDP Spectrum kit that I saw on PDP's instagram. Maple/Poplar shells with a new lug design that...
  10. BertTheDrummer

In praise of the 13 inch tom!

Building off the thread about the 10 inch toms. I figured I'd make a thread for what was pretty standard but what seems to have become old fashioned? outdated? passé?... the venerable 13 inch tom. That being said, I think I remember Neil Peart on a video with John Good saying how the 9x13...
  11. BertTheDrummer

INDe Drums now offering "wraps"

Just got an email from Josh over at INDe Drums introducing this: https://www.indedrum.com/new-index/#/resoarmor/ Okay so they aren't really wraps.... they are a special coating, but hey. "Independent Drum Lab has developed a new coating technology that bonds directly to the wood fibers of the...
  12. BertTheDrummer

Does the Musician's Friend SDOTD ever have drum gear?

Just an observation and a bit of a rant, it never seems like the Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day ever has drum stuff. Usually it is some guitar or PA speaker or stand or cable or whatever. Sometimes the stuff is barely discounted, but either way it never seems to drum stuff. Even the...
  13. BertTheDrummer

Pork Pie Hip Pig Opinions?

I might have an opportunity to pick up a natural finished Hip Pig (22/13/16) new for a good price, not as great as when GC had the Duco ones for like $599 but pretty close. Just tried to do some searching and didn't find a whole bunch except maybe when these came out. Just wondering if anyone...
  14. BertTheDrummer

Need some advice on if I should keep or return a set of drums.

Hey all, I recently purchased a set of Pearl Session Studio Classics off Reverb and now I'm debating if I should keep them or send them back. I trust the opinion of the people on here, so I figured I'd ask. I know ultimately it is my decision and I may or may not go with the consensus on here...
  15. BertTheDrummer

My BumWrap Journey. Rewrapping 35+ Year old Pearl Exports

I figured I'd start this thread just to document my BumWrap journey. My BumWrap is supposed to come in today. So once I at least get a drum done, I'll try and post some pictures. So I've been contemplating re-wrapping a 1982 Pearl Export that I have. It is a great sounding set, but it has...
  16. BertTheDrummer

Pulse Made in Canada Cymbals?

Anyone know anything about these? Saw some recently and they looked a lot like Sabian AAs. Everything I know about Pulse cymbals is that they were pretty cheap junk, but I think those are made in Germany or China or something not Canada. Any thoughts would be helpful, the logo was a rectangle...
  17. BertTheDrummer

NDD: INDe Drums (24/13/16)

Okay, my INDe kit came in today. I haven't gotten a chance to tune them up or play them. I just took them out of the boxes and set them up for the picture. I'll try and get some play time tomorrow. These drums are SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT! Even being a 24" kick, this thing is probably one of...
  18. BertTheDrummer

Why custom drums are sometimes hard to sell...

Someone must have thought this was a good idea... but how many others do? I just saw this up for sale... thought it was interesting.
  19. BertTheDrummer

Turkish makers similar to K Light/Dark?

I've been thinking about making the plunge in to Turkish made cymbals for a while. I've enjoyed Zildjian 15" K Light Hats and 22" Ride and K Dark Crashes, but was thinking it might be time for a slight change. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of some lines to give me a starting...
  20. BertTheDrummer

Lightweight Drum Shell Pack Suggestions?

First to start, I used to own a Ludwig Signet kit that was pretty lightweight. It was nice for taking to practices and especially those 2nd floor gigs. I ended up selling it to help pay for a big move. I was thinking about purchasing another light weight drum set. I just figured before I go...