Search results

1. airbus172

Tama Speed Cobra 910 or DW 5000?

I’d go for the speed cobra as to me it just feels better. Try them out at a store and see what you think. The DW is pretty heavy in my opinion.
  2. airbus172

Best Double Bass Drum Pedal

I use a Yamaha FP9. I love it and it comes with a belt. The pearl eliminator redline is unmatched in adjustability. I also like the DW 5000, but haven’t tried the 9000. I’d go with the FP9 or redline.
  3. airbus172

What should I do with this $100 snare?

clean it up, and it’ll look a bit better. If it sounds good, then why not use it?
  4. airbus172

Why is there a lack of love for 22x18" bass drums?

shallower drums are more responsive and better to record. 22x16s are my favorite as to me they are very versatile.
  5. airbus172

Show us that one cymbal you just couldn’t live without

my favourite cymbal is the A zildjian 21” sweet ride. It is nice, has a sound that is suitable for many different genres.sometimes I use another ride, but this is my ‘primary’ ride.
  6. airbus172

any thoughts on SJC drums?

well some pianos are ‘suited’ to some genres meaning that if I saw someone playing a Steinway, I’d think it would be in an orchestra. Or Yamaha, a jazz band. But this isn’t pianistworld forums, so we don’t need to talk about pianos. Because drums are better.
  7. airbus172

yeah i thought that orchestra/marching band people were old people/soldiers who never wanted to have a laugh. But this has changed and I love orchestral and marching percussion.
  8. airbus172

this is the point. It’s not ‘generalisation’, I didn’t describe it well. It’s more asking what do these drum companies remind you of? So Yamaha would remind you of, say, metal but Yamaha reminds me of jazz. Everybody’s different. That’s the point. And this thread is about SJC drums.
  9. airbus172

and back to SJC, I tried out some kits and they sound like the drum equivalent of the world’s finest concert grand piano being smashed to bits by a sledgehammer.
  10. airbus172

if you have a Yamaha drum kit the first thing that comes into my mind is a jazz drummer in a suit playing along to a jazz band that are wearing suits and also playing Yamaha. Some rock drummers use tama so the first thing that comes into my mind is a rock drummer of some sort. We’re not saying...
  11. airbus172

I like the ozone cymbals. And what I like about them and also Sabian (even though I play zildjian) is that their low end cymbal range like B8X still have ozone cymbals so that FX cymbals are more available to the masses. Zildjian doesn’t do that. I had an ozone cymbal before and it was really...
  12. airbus172

The A 16 crash is a good stage crash for me, as it cuts but is not overpowering like you said. Also it sounds really good for its price IMO.
  13. airbus172

I love DW, especially the hardware but I’m stereotyping and most of the people I have saw with DW drums are people who are really amazing at drums, but play as a hobby and are not In a band.
  14. airbus172

SJC: rad dope kids who like dope sick rad finishes and like drums that sound like you’re demolishing a piano with a hammer DW: guys playing drum covers and not actually in a band Yamaha: jazzy jazz guy (accompanied by the other Yamaha jazz jazz instruments) Mapex: guys who don’t want to spend...
  15. airbus172

it is the truth, from what I’ve heard and saw.
  16. airbus172

So they’re the sort of drum for the type of person who says ‘rad’ or ‘dope’ every 5 seconds.
  17. airbus172

What are your thoughts on SJC drums in general?
  18. airbus172

Sonor Safari AQ2 Kit- Damaged bass drum bearing

oh god. maybe if it was pre owned, sure, but new that’s unacceptable. Where did you buy it? They are for sale at local shops.
  19. airbus172

Marks on cymbals.

BOOM. REFINISHED.
  20. airbus172

Small Crashes Anyone?

I think the smaller the crash, the more the ‘splash’. It’s like having a 10” crash would just be a splash, a 16” splash would just be a crash. I think 14” cymbals sounds like splash cymbals too much and maybe 15 or 16” is the minimum.