Search results

1. Lee-Bro

Drum truths that defy science, gravity or explanation..................

The one time you decide not to bring an extra snare head, snare, or bass drum pedal, it'll break.
  2. Lee-Bro

Drum set finish - yea or nay?

I presume this is an Alpi kit?
  3. Lee-Bro

Drum set finish - yea or nay?

I intentionally painted mine green. :-)
  4. Lee-Bro

Looking forward to a heavy rain...for once.

I used to love thunderstorms and watching the rain. But after dealing with floods, especially those in the middle of the night, and having to run pumps including a Champion gas powered pump, to keep the water from reaching the furnace and other appliances, it's hard not to feel panicked or...
  5. Lee-Bro

What's In A Name?

In the roller derby community, I'm known as "Captain Gorgeous."
  6. Lee-Bro

Cover Funk/Dance band kick drums sound advices

My group plays a lot of the same songs as you do. As you know, the kick drum sound in "In The Air Tonight" and "Valerie" are worlds apart. No one has ever come up to me and said, "your bass drum sound doesn't fit what you're doing." The only time I haven't liked my bass drum sound is when we...
  7. Lee-Bro

I did since obtain good rubber boots and a trash pump so that the water couldn't pool like that again (in theory).
  8. Lee-Bro

Yup, French drain w/ a center lateral leading to the sump as well. There's an 8" drop from the foundation walls to the center drain in the floor. The house uphill and downhill from me + my house's storm water lines are all tied together and they run under the floor slab of each property, and...
  9. Lee-Bro

We had the basement water-proofed back in December with perimeter drain, sump (with backup pump and battery), and wall barrier. I can't refinish the basement until we have a very heavy rain to fully test and ensure the system works. Fortunately the company which did the work has a lifetime...
  10. Lee-Bro

Gretsch Catalina Special Edition Snare

I have this 4 pc kit, sans the floor tom, NIB and am looking to sell it or locate a matching floor tom. I inquired w Gretsch about ordering just a floor tom and the 14" would be $270+tax+shipping and up to 6 months as a special order.
  11. Lee-Bro

15" deep toms?

Next time I'm over in Amsterdam, I'd love to get together and hear that kit in person. I've often wondered about kits where multiple rack toms are all the same depth and how they sound/respond. I'm sure there's a kit closer to me here in NKY/Cincinnati, but going to Europe "just to hear some...
  12. Lee-Bro

Maybe I am old but I just don’t understand this

I don't see it and respectfully disagree to agree to disagree. ;-)
  13. Lee-Bro

Maybe I am old but I just don’t understand this

IF this ever works, I'm running out to buy a case of poison...from my local independent poison shop, not some large, corporate online poison retailer of course.
  14. Lee-Bro

Smaller diameter tom deeper than the succeeding tom...

That's not even an option I would consider. I like the 12x9, I specifically ordered it. :cool: Plus, the cost of redoing the reinforcement rings and the logo badges no longer being centered on the shell would drive me nuts. If I were going to go w/ 12x8 tom, I'd still want a 13x9.
  15. Lee-Bro

Yup. I had the guy verify the depth.
  16. Lee-Bro

What is "Worship Music"?

And there's always Gospel Chop...sticks for your Lenten sushi. *I'll see myself out.
  17. Lee-Bro

I've thought about experimenting with this type of setup. But my free time to be able to practice is so limited that I have to work on the things that I need to work on first, and there's not enough time for that. Perhaps I'll pull the trigger on the shorter 13" and tell myself that it's all...
  18. Lee-Bro

I have a 12x9 mounted tom and found a 13" tom for sale. However, it's 13x8. I think I can probably get past it looking weird. Is anyone using a set up similar to that: where the larger diameter tom is shorter than the smaller diameter? Thoughts on sound?
  19. Lee-Bro

THE CLASSIFIEDS - For Sale / Wanted

Pearl Redline Eliminator chain drive double pedal. Brand NIB - $325+ actual shipping for forum members ($350 + $40 shipping) on Reverb. https://reverb.com/item/38978963-pearl-p2052c-eliminator-redline-chain-drive-double-bass-drum-pedal?publish_confirmation=true
  20. Lee-Bro

Do you control your own stage mix?

Maybe at a pub or small venue gig, but I'm referring to shows in larger venues.