Search results

1. M

Long boards

I know I’m potentially overthinking this one, but I’ve just ordered a speed cobra kick pedal. I’m wondering about how it’ll pair with hi hat pedals. Anyone who uses a long-board kick pedal - do you use a long board hi hat pedal too? And if not, is there a noticeable difference in feel or playing...
  2. M

How would you compromise, and why?

This is a pretty random thread, but curious on people's opinions. In a hypothetical scenario where you could only play one brand of drums or cymbals, how would you decide? (And since this is entirely hypothetical, let's assume cost is no barrier, the only requirement is that you stick to a...
  3. M

New drum kit

I finally picked up my drums on Friday. I've been looking around for a long time, at pretty much everything. I ended up getting a Sonor Prolite kit, sizes are 8x10, 16x16, 17.5x20. The unusual configuration is because the store ordered the kit in for Benny Greb to use in a clinic. The fact that...
  4. M

Funny the things that matter

I've been looking around at hardware lately, and keep pivoting between different options. It occurred to me that a big part of my issue in deciding is that I like things to match. I've always bought things piecemeal, and I assume most people are the same in having a bunch of different gear from...
  5. M

Protection Racket bags

Apologies up front, I feel like I'm spamming the board with gear questions at the moment, but I'm going on a bit of a buying bender. I'm looking at Protection Racket bags, but don't want them to be too big (i.e too roomy around the drums). I've pretty much ruled out the AAA rigid cases at this...
  6. M

Most important piece of hardware

I'm looking to replace/purchase some new hardware. I've currently got a snare stand and a couple of cymbal stands from the Yamaha 700 series. I love this hardware and know it has a great reputation. What I need right now is a hi hat and a kick pedal. My first instinct is to buy a 700 series...
  7. M

Gretsch round badge

Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for a while. Longtime drummer, but haven't had my own kit for a few years now (been playing a bit at church and that's it). I've come across an old 60s gretsch round badge kit for sale. Sizes are 14x20, 8x12, 14x14 and a 5x14 snare. Seems in good...