Search results

1. G

White sparkle

Thought the helpful folks on here can help. Does anyone know where I can find white sparkle wrap? Tried the usual suspects. Bumwrap said they don't do sparkles. Thought this would be more common. Precision has a white glitter but I've worked with glass glitter wrap once before and its...
  2. G

Suggestions on how to get rid of a custom kit

Ok this might sound like an odd title....let me explain. When I was 16 I thought it would be cool to make a custom kit so my dad helped me make a kit 14x24, 9x13, 10x14, 16x16, 16x18. I don't really use it. I suppose it has some sentimental value as something I built with my dad but I really...
  3. G

PSA about DW sale

Anyone looking to score a deal DW, specifically their popular ultralight hardware can get 20% off at guitar center online. I thought it was a joke too until I added the $350 set to my cart and it came down to $279. Definitely can't justify buying the whole set but I am going to get the hi hat...
  4. G

Mapex White Widow

Forget what you've read about Mapex Saturns on here and go buy this for 3k. Hurry - they are only making 30 of them! http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/mapex-black-panther-limited-edition-white-widow-5-piece-shell-pack?icid=210522 On a serious note, I do kind of wonder why they...
  5. G

Guitarists are weird....

I say that in a jesting way of course! I sort of self taught myself the very basics of guitar years ago and decided I wanted to take it up again a little more seriously so I started trolling guitar forums to see what DVDs, exercise, etc people are recommending. Then I come across all these...
  6. G

Should I invest in a PA system or amps?

Hi all, So I play in a band with some friends that literally lived around the corner from me. We've always played at their house and I use their kit. I am moving about 45 minutes from where they live. We plan to still play at their house, but every other week (or weekends perhaps) they plan to...
  7. G

Which drumset voice keeps the time?

I've always thought my cymbal ostinato hand (i.e. right hand) keeps the time. When I practice I'm conscientious of how the bass, snare, and left foot fit into the cymbal pattern. I've started working on Gary Chaffee's book and the fatback exercies and he says in the book: "It is important to...
  8. G

Happy April Fools!

Cascio is having 20% off flash sale today.... MF is doing their stupid deal of the hour. Running off to buy a new hi hat stand from Cascio right now. I love these guys.
  9. G

Overwhelmed with Paiste options

I have nothing against Paiste, but I happen to own all zildjian and sabian cymbals. Im just more familiar with their offerings. I often go to the local places to try out cymbals and find myself liking some Paiste stuff. Particularly 602 crashes, giant beat rides, and 2002 hats (although I can't...
  10. G

Talk to me about lightweight hardware and bags

Last night I hauled my gear out of the attic (finished attic where my kit is set up) and this morning my back is killing me. I know it's due to the hardware bag. I only had one heavy double braced boom stand, two snare stands, two cymbal attachments, and a throne and the thing was insanely...
  11. G

Realizing the downfalls in your drumming

I recently got back into playing drums over the past year and a half after taking a 2 year hiatus from not picking up drumsticks at all. (I've been playing in total about 17 years.) I joined a band which has helped tremendously. Except I felt like every time I went to sit down at my kit to...
  12. G

Is this dumb?

I've been really loving some of the finishes offered by Bumwrap. The wood fades look sick on their facebook page. I've sort of been wanting a PDP concept maple set. Trying to wait for a used one to come up for the right price, but is it stupid to buy a new kit and then rewrap it? I don't love...
  13. G

Cleaning soot off drums

I practice at my bandmates house and they have two drum sets down in their basement, but keep asking me to leave one of my kits there. Their previous apartment caught fire and while I think the drums were okay, they are COVERED in soot. I mean heavy black dirt. I'd like to offer to clean them...
  14. G

Nesting Kit

I want to create a nesting kit out of drums I currently have because... just because! I have this massive set that I refinished this summer, but honestly I don't love it. It's a 24" bass drum which is way high for me to comfortably mount a tom off of. Recently I've been obsessed with tiny bop...
  15. G

Ludwig Fans?

I realized that all my favorite snares are made by Ludwig.... supraphonic, black beauty (even tho I don't own one... YET), and acrolite. I have a Ludwig breakbeats kit that I absolutely love for the quality, price, and transportability. It kinda had me thinking why I never considered buying a...
  16. G

Remo Crimplock Conga Heads

I tried joining some random conga drum forum today, but it could be days before they allow me to post and being impatient figured I'd try asking here. I have some LP Performance congas that I've had for over 10 years. I know they aren't top of the line, but I feel there are "good enough" for me...
  17. G

MF Stupid Deal of the Day - Gretsch Renown

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?src=3TP5DNB&&noPopup=true&src=3TP5DNB $1,099 seems like a good deal for renowns.
  18. G

What would you spend the Powerball money on if you won?

Well the $1 billion jackpot for the Powerball is at a record high. I'm not mugh of a gambler, but I admit I bought tickets for last week's drawing and will be buying tickets again this week. Hey can't hurt right? What would you guys use the money for if you won? My list would be a Mapex Saturn...
  19. G

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals

Okay so we had a thread going for veteran's day so thought I'd start one for Cyber Monday and Black Friday. Are there deals to be had? It seems to me MF and GC only ever put things on sale like drumsticks, heads, and cheap kits no on wants to buy. You can't use coupons on a lot of their good...
  20. G

Need help on hybrid setup

Hello electronic drummies! I have frequented this forum quite often but first time posting in this section. First off let me say I have done forum searches and extensive research just looking for opinions/help/suggestions. I'm looking to add some electronics to my acoustic kit. I play in a...