Search results

1. paradiddle pete

Does figured grain sound any better than non figured grain?

This one of the best snare drums I've played including metal, so does figured sound better. hell yeah! While I value all your opinions I/m calling BS..
  2. paradiddle pete

What are you listening to right now?

Lee " Scratch " Perry.
  3. paradiddle pete

Craviotto is using 302 hoops now?

It is possible to swap out hoops ..
  4. paradiddle pete

Ply Drums Glue?

Using Gorilla Glue is Finessing the Brute! ha ha, Im just going to say this , OK you cant hear glue, so if it means that hide glue will meld 2 pieces of wood in a crystalline fashion to be almost 1 piece and the other types of glue basically leave a sheet of vinyl between 2 sheets holding the 2...
  5. paradiddle pete

Ply Drums Glue?

I get the notion of flowing thin and hardening strong but either glue could be used with the notion in mind that you would not want to take it apart. The reason I brought this up is some say as hide glue glue hardens and ages the crystalline nature actually enhances resonance and tone.. seems...
  6. paradiddle pete

Ply Drums Glue?

no t afraid to ask. I recall solid body guitar construction * ( Gibson ) 50s used Hide Glue and Formaldahyde I think. The Gurus seem to think this was part of the Magic Formula.. So what is the Magic Formula for Drums? Seems the same attributes would apply to drums as an acoustic instrument...
  7. paradiddle pete

Ply Drums Glue?

Been pondering the use of glue in Ply drums, I'm no expert on lay ups or building techniques so ill leave all that alone. The Experts can chime in on that if they wish.. It seems in the Guitar world at least the use of Animal Hide Glue is Touted as Vintage correct and Acoustically helpful ...
  8. paradiddle pete

Craviotto is doing ply drums now?

and a whiffy hole it seems. I like the badge less look.
  9. paradiddle pete

Craviotto is doing ply drums now?

from what I can see, I don't think these drums have a badge.
  10. paradiddle pete

New PLY Craviotto drums!

Very Interesting, In the time I've been on this forum most posts on Craviotto Solid drums have a negative tinge , Too Expensive, Don't Sound Good, Meh! Lame, Boring, Why Bother? even the tom legs are too large ,etc etc ,not much larger than Ludwig if you check , So now all of a sudden the "...
  11. paradiddle pete

New PLY Craviotto drums!

Most people see these solid drums as an expensive option for gigging but recording is where they really shine, a truer tone means less time fiddling around with electronic gizmo's . I doubt if I'd take them to a bar gig, why would you? you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it...
  12. paradiddle pete

New PLY Craviotto drums!

But you can now buy Craviotto drums , more drums are good no>? and you will still just sound like you.
  13. paradiddle pete

New PLY Craviotto drums!

Interesting that so many over the years have disputed the benefits of single ply drums now offered a ply option still think its a negative.. Im pretty sure it is discussed that Johnny C was interested in implementing a ply series. So much for single ply association.. Options are good !
  14. paradiddle pete

New PLY Craviotto drums!

The lugs look better on wrap.
  15. paradiddle pete

Brass lugs...do they sound better?

Andy.the hoops on my '59 and '60 Super 400's have not distorted after all this time..
  16. paradiddle pete

Brass lugs...do they sound better?

Forgive me but I'm special and I reserve the right to interrupt at any time. Brass Hoops any one?