Search results

1. Jeremy Bender

Prayers and Good Thoughts for Bob Gatzen...

The drummer, designer, inventor is not doing well. If you feel inclined to do so, please keep him in mind. For those unfamiliar with Bob here's a link with a Bio: https://www.moderndrummer.com/2011/06/bob-gatzen-student-guru/ Proceeds from the sale of all his remaining drums will be used to...
  2. Jeremy Bender

Ludwig discontinues Bronze Supraphonics?

Tony mentioned this on a video from DrumcenterNH. No idea why they are doing this. Great drum and glad I got mine last year when I did. (avatar)
  3. Jeremy Bender

NAMM 2020 Discussion -Music business

Kinda heavy at times but on the level...
  4. Jeremy Bender

King Kong Kaces for drums

Anyone using them? Which model you recommend to get? Thanks.
  5. Jeremy Bender

Are YouTube videos helping to create an ADD society?

My question begs clarification bear with me: I was watching a video recently on Christmas carols in 15/16 ime signature presented by a bass player in NYC whose also a content creator on various platforms. His video's on paid subscription Nebula are a somewhat traditional scholarly approach of...
  6. Jeremy Bender

Sonor Prolite release

Good news they haven't discontined this great series! The other news however is the new finish...
  7. Jeremy Bender

Increasing population=decreasing practice space?

In a seperate thread, rhumbagirl mentioned landlords, parents, siblings , roomates & others who have to sacrifice for our drumming. I started to think about how there's a lot more people in the world than in the gigging heydays of the dance bands and continuing into the 1970's. I've also...
  8. Jeremy Bender

Peter Erskine - Ride Cymbal Technique Part 1

Great starter lesson here...
  9. Jeremy Bender

Music on TV !

There really was once.
  10. Jeremy Bender

Tom Lonardo from Memphis

Cool cat with great attitude...
  11. Jeremy Bender

Any Architetural Designer's in the House?

Music related-Does anyone have knowledge of design or experience with building a studio that can verify the information and advice being given in this article? https://www.thisoldhouse.com/21015821/read-this-before-you-hire-an-architect
  12. Jeremy Bender

Phil Collin's drum tech- Brad Marsh

Short but informative interview- https://minnesotadrummer.com/?p=924
  13. Jeremy Bender

About that DW/ Slingerland rebirth ?

Someone got the news...
  14. Jeremy Bender

Jazz vs Rock drummer differences-80/20 drummer

Intereting lessson and presentation-
  15. Jeremy Bender

Traveling suitcase vibraphone

Now this is a neat idea...
  16. Jeremy Bender

An airline and space rocket were born thanks to Ludwig percussion?

According to Sir Richard Branson... the milestone record "Tubular Bells" by Mike Oldfield was the beginning of Virgin records and thus the beginning of Virgin group. Mike noticed a set of Musser chimes in the studio and added them to his recording. The record was extraodinarily popular in the...
  17. Jeremy Bender

Congrats Johnny V. !

New Orleans entertainmnt magazine bestowes lifetime achievement award to local drummer- https://www.nola.com/gambit/music/article_86f7ddcc-1c87-11eb-8401-d71b3c68df5f.html#tncms-source=infinity-scroll-summary-sticky-siderail-next
  18. Jeremy Bender

Ludwig goes vintage-copying Sonor?

Ludwig just introduced a line called Vintage Select Series in a "glacier blue" wrap. Sonor has been pushing their Vintage series this year with the "California blue" wrap. Let your ears and budget be the judge.
  19. Jeremy Bender

RIP Viola Smith

via Ludwig: We are saddened by the news of the passing of legendary drummer Viola Smith. Viola was one of the first professional female drummers when she came on to the scene in the late 1920’s. She was a Ludwig endorser and member of the NBC Symphony Orchestra. In 1942 during World War II...
  20. Jeremy Bender

“Studio Survival Guide”

Picked up this book that came out a couple decades ago. I’m enjoying reading and learning things from it.