Search results

1. L

Gavin Harrison here!

Hey Gavin! I went on a trip recently, and I figured I'd give the Pineapple Thief album Dissolution a good listen, and first off, I have to say that as a long-time fan since the PT days, your drumming has only gotten more creative and imaginative. The bit you do in the breakdown of "Threatening...
  2. L

Dealing with a controlling bandmate.

I'm probably using this forum improperly to vent my frustrations with one of my bands, and our obnoxious, super controlling, singer. But I honestly don't know anyone else who would understand the predicament as well as...well you guys. So here goes: So about 3 years ago, a guy approaches me...
  3. L

Bubinga now on CITES list.

So it looks like Bubinga (or at least 3 different variants of it) are now on the CITES endangered list. So does this mean the end for Tama Starclassics B/B and Full Bubinga lines? And other custom builder's using this wood? That would be a damn shame, as Bubinga does make a beautiful drum with...
  4. L

"Tubby" drum sound?

Hey guys, I hear this term used quite often, especially when describing vintage gear(guitars as well), but what exactly is a "tubby" sound? Kind of round and muted? I know drumming nomenclature is full of odd little onomatopoeias that should be fairly self-explanatory, but I'm still kind of unsure.
  5. L

My new Tama Starclassic Bubinga kit!

So I'm sure many of you have heard about my problems with my Performance Series kit, and my quest to find some new drums. Well after months of deliberating and playing a bunch of different drums to find the sound I was after, I think I've finally done it. I was dead set on the Yamaha Live...
  6. L

Battling your sound engineer

Hey guys, so my band just got done with a recording session for our upcoming record, and our engineer/producer has been giving me a lot of tips and advice on how to make me sound better in the studio. He doesn't think I sound horrible mind you, but what he did say was that I'm kind of a...
  7. L

Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Hey everyone, So after going through kit after kit looking for the right sound, I ended up coming across a good deal on some Tama Starclassic Bubinga drums in the Satin Aztec Gold finish with smoked black nickel hardware. Everything about this kit is amazing except for the fact that I can't...
  8. L

Yamaha BCA, Oak Custom, or Live Custom.

My first post! Alright, so if any of you know me from other forum's, I'm the guy who just bought a DW and sent it back due to some defects (bearing edges, later discovered the kick was out of round) Anyway, I'm now shopping for a kit again, and the engineer I record with suggested that I get...