Search results

1. Jbravo

B20 or bust

Was it you that cracked it? 😂
  2. Jbravo

What's your latest purchase?

Finally broke down and ordered a pair of Paiste 2002 17” sound edge hats. Got a notification they are delivered, so they’ll be waiting when I get home from work. 😊
  3. Jbravo

Very nice!
  4. Jbravo

I bought the sabian sound kit for the same reason! 😊
  5. Jbravo

B20 or bust

can always use more cowbell!😂
  6. Jbravo

B20 or bust

Well, here are the A’s. They sound nice, I’ve kinda missed Zildjian. They are a good bit less loud than my Paiste, which surprises me.
  7. Jbravo

B20 or bust

I invested rather heavily in Paiste Big Beats last year. I love them. But I’m getting a little bored with the sound, so I ordered drum center of Portland’s Zildjian A sweet set Monday. 18 and 20 thin crashes, a 23” sweet ride and 15 new beat hats for $799. Seemed like a decent deal to me...
  8. Jbravo

DDrum quicksilver Vs thomann "the Strike"

I bought the Ddrum version used. I kept it for a few weeks. I was seriously underwhelmed...
  9. Jbravo

Anyone hear of Wincent Drumsticks?

I do tend to over-stock on sticks for an at home player...
  10. Jbravo

Anyone hear of Wincent Drumsticks?

I’ve been using 5A XXL’s for about a year. Can’t say enough good about them. I bought 10 pair, and am just getting to the point where the neck is wearing thin enough on the first pair where the next pair is about to be used. ( in fairness I have to mention I only get time to play a half hour or...
  11. Jbravo

Why is “White Marine Pearl” so popular?

Although I love WMP, (my Ludwig’s are vintage WMP), I have to admit that some of the drummers I mentioned had that sketchy 60’s-70’s fashion sense, but I will admit I like the big suits of the 40’s...
  12. Jbravo

Why is “White Marine Pearl” so popular?

Buddy Rich , Gene Krupa, Ed Schaunessy, Louis Bellson....
  13. Jbravo

Ludwig Acrolite Reissue

I wanted one to go with my new classic maple kit a year and a half ago, and had no issue with paying the price. I bought next to new, and paid more than a lot of you seem willing too, but I was only interested in a 6.5x14. I have no regrets, and love the drum. I’ve thought about a Supraphonic...
  14. Jbravo

Bet they’d make killer hats too...👍
  15. Jbravo

Soft/heavy sounding hi-hats

Zildjian 15 or 16 K light hats have a lower pitch and a very smooth sound.
  16. Jbravo

that beater was only used for about two minutes before this went on...
  17. Jbravo

New Ludwig Speed King

Not a trace!👍
  18. Jbravo

New Ludwig Speed King

And here it is-
  19. Jbravo

Black reissue SpeedKing
  20. Jbravo

I've given up the search. I've ordered a 1-off Ludwig tom

I bet when your kit is set up with the drums at different angles it won’t be noticeable unless you look for it. bought my pro beat from sweetwater and then had to wait for the matching 18” to be built by Ludwig. It was hard th wait but worth it. And the wrap match was perfect, but they were...