Search results

1. mrthirsty

What are you listening to right now?

Frank Zappa, one of the best live albums ever.
  2. mrthirsty

Dennis Chambers

Dennis is one of my favorite drummers ever, hearing him on Scofield's "Pick Hits" album made me an instant fan. Wishing Dennis a speedy recovery and seeing him get back to tearing it up on the drumset.
  3. mrthirsty

Seems legit

4. mrthirsty

Bass drum notation for drum sheet music

I prefer the one set of stems also.
  5. mrthirsty

There are some sites that have decent transcriptions for drums, OnlineDrummer.com and DrumSetSheetMusic.com has good charts for songs you may be looking for. They only cost about $5.00 for each song transcription. Good for you though that you are willing to learn how to read music, it is...
  6. mrthirsty

I think you may mean behind it. It should be an Eighth Note rest followed by a single Eighth Note. Also the person that transcribed it could put quarter note rests on beats 1 and 3 of the snare line and a quarter note rests on beat 2 and 4 of the bass drum line. Sometimes people are not aware...
  7. mrthirsty

Yeah, you would play it like a regular bass drum note. Whoever did the transcription either forgot to write in the Eighth Note rests or was too lazy to include them. There is an Eighth Note rest in the first bar(after the pickup fill), don't know why the person didn't include them in the rest of...
  8. mrthirsty

You are right, it is on the" and" of 3 (bars 11,12 and 13). Bar 10 is on the "and" of 1, Bar 8 is on the "and" of 4. There should be an Eighth Note rest before the note to easily understand it better. It is just an off beat Eighth Note
  9. mrthirsty

need a Van Halen tune for the gig this weekend...

Yeah, the bridge/ guitar solo section in Jump is tricky. Needs a bit of rehearsal to get that down.
  10. mrthirsty

Eddie Van Halen Dies

Oh Man, that is so sad to hear. There were rumours going around that he was struggling with his health but I was hoping they were not true. A true innovator as a guitar player, this is a huge loss.
  11. mrthirsty

Rick Dior

I've seen many of his videos and you're right his knowledge, experience, and performance in drumming is second to none.
  12. mrthirsty

Why do you Play?

I do it because I love the load in and out, especially when we have a big PA system with us. Doesn't get any better than that.
  13. mrthirsty

Drum Talk | Cruise Ship Drumming - A Career at Sea

I worked on cruise ships for 5 years, musically I liked it, you got to hone your skills in a variety of styles. The living conditions were another story, I just couldn't share a cabin anymore, no matter how much effort you put into making it work it just wears on you after awhile. You realize...
  14. mrthirsty

A short video of us playing this past Saturday

Nice job! Good to see some bands getting out there and playing again.
  15. mrthirsty

Best Cover Ever?

Stevie Ray Vaughn- Voodoo chile
  16. mrthirsty

Not sure what the money beat is?

I worked with a bass player who was obsessed with playing songs note for note. He would slow down song recordings and just play to them over and over again until he got the parts down. On one hand I guess I could respect what he was going for but he held the band back in terms of taking requests...
  17. mrthirsty

A Drummer's Treat : Beware Mr. Baker

I found it pretty sad when he called his own son a hack as a drummer, the comments about John Bonham seemed to come from a place of bitterness and anger. I agree what an a**hole as a person.
  18. mrthirsty

Good metronome software

TimeGuru is the one to get if you want click for a bar then mute for a bar. It also has a random mute feature that will slowly mute clicks depending on what percentage you set it at.
  19. mrthirsty

Steely Dan cover

Nice Job! You really captured the feel of the tune.
  20. mrthirsty

Your best (and worst) band names

Best: Full Frontal Nerdity Worst: The Liquor Pigs