Search results

1. J

How do you guys search craigslist?

When searching for drums I find it a pain in the neck to input every different title i can think of in the search bar. If i put "Drum Kit" , people who list there kit as "Drums", dont show up in my search. I find myself search separately for Drum set, Drumset, Drums, Drum, drum kit etc to find...
  2. J

Can't take the pain anymore, just ordered a spinal glide throne.

My tailbone has never been the same since crashing during a motorcycle race years ago. ( i personally don't recommend getting of a bike at around 155 MPH btw.) Prior to the covid shutdown i was suffering a lot to the point I hated taking breaks at gigs because I couldn't get up from my throne...
  3. J

Floor tom sounds choked, do any of those leg attachments work?

I sometimes get a very choked sound from my floor tom. I was going to buy Booty Shaker or better yet the Pearl Air suspension feet. Do these things really work? I have a New evans G2 on it and at certain venues it sounds great, at others it sounds completely choked?
  4. J

First gig back since the COVID shutdown and then......

Outdoor large patio gig: After lot of our regulars showed up tonight and started swing dancing and having a blast our singer was given an announcement to read by the manager. The usual stuff about keep distance, Don't add chairs to the tables, masks are required everywhere inside the venue and...
  5. J

it's not just the gigs I've been missing.....

I really miss ice cold draft bear damnit!!!!!!
  6. J

I'm out of gift ideas for myself

Every year my family asks for gift suggestions that are drum related for combined my December Birthday and Christmas gift. Any suggestions for things I don't already have? I'm very fortunate that they got me a new pedal last year, new lightweight hardware the previous year and a new throne the...
  7. J

Low class attitude from a wedding band.

Just a rant mainly but yesterday we played a wedding where we were one of two band scheduled. Its the first time i've seen where there were 2 but whatever. So we did the ceremony( acoustic songs as they walked the isle and then the cocktail hour and MC's the introductions 3 hours total.. The...
  8. J

How crowded are you set up areas?

A recent pic on here of a virgin bass drum with a tom on a stand got me thinking about the footprint our kits take up. Being practical vs playing a kit only set up the way you want to just lacks versatility. We don't all play a 20 x 40 foot stage on top of a riser so floor space is tough to come...