Search results

1. Blk Diamond

Happy Thanksgiving !!

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here on the Drummerworld forum! 🦃 :)
  2. Blk Diamond

My first jam/audition thingy

+2 You don't destroy the entire accumulated "library" of knowledge just because you're only interested in the the latest bestseller. No need to lock them either. Someone might have something to add, or have a relevant question that doesn't need a whole new thread started to answer.
  3. Blk Diamond

Help me ID this Paiste cymbal…

I think that you did a wonderful job describing the sound of your first Paiste ride cymbal. I too have a thing for 21" ride cymbals. When I listen to to different sound samples online, and a company offers a ride in multiple sizes (say a 20", 21", and 22"), I almost always gravitate towards the...
  4. Blk Diamond

Help me ID this Paiste cymbal…

The color of the cymbal, the lathing, and the hammering look identical to the the kind found on the Paiste Signature line. You're right about the first two numbers (03) should indicate the year of manufacture as 2003, on cymbals with an eight digit serial number. Could it be a prototype that...
  5. Blk Diamond

What are the first 3 memorable rock concerts you attended?

Wow, the field was trashed at least twice that season! Remember Disco Demolition Night? That was held on July 12, 1979, and your Rush concert was on August 19, 1979. I was only 7 at the time, so I definitely wasn't there for either event, but it must of literally been a blast at the old Comiskey...
  6. Blk Diamond

Your best 5 Paiste Cymbals

My favs (so far) and my current set are: 15" Signature Sound Edge Hi Hats (I also loved the sound of the 15' 2oo2 Sound Edge hats. However, the sound of the Sigs just edged them out when I was putting together this set of cymbals. Someday, I hope to have both.) 16", 17", 18", and 19" 2oo2...
  7. Blk Diamond

Eddie Van Halen Dies

Just heard about Eddie's passing on the radio. Our condolences go out to his family and to those that were closest to him. Thanks Eddie for all the amazing guitarwork, and for the countless hours of musical entertainment you provided us throughout the years. R.I.P.
  8. Blk Diamond

The Song Every Drummer Tries to Play But We All Play it Wrong

Yep LudwigRocker, I'm a big KISS fan. That's one of my favorite KISS songs too, and where I got my "User Name" from. I have had the pleasure of going to see KISS many times in concert, since the late 80's. I was a little too young to see them in the 70's, but by the late 80's I was old enough...
  9. Blk Diamond

The Song Every Drummer Tries to Play But We All Play it Wrong

Hey LudwigRocker, Your right, it's tough being a kid. Some grownups just don't take kids seriously. Sometimes they just don't remember what it's like to not be treated with the same courtesy and respect that's automatically given to them as an adult. Shame on Mr. Gardener for not remembering...