Search results

1. iCe

Identifying Premier kit

Hi all! For years I've been searching for info about the gear Pete Kircher used when he was with Status Quo (1982 - 1985) to no avail. Even e-mailed Paiste about it, but sadly all info was lost. The only thing i know are the things on the pics: Premier drums and Paiste cymbals. Anyway, the...
  2. iCe

New rack idea

Hi all, I have a Pearl DR-80 rack and i'm starting to notice the limitations of that rack. Mainly that the rack bars just have a set height and can't be lowered. I'm thinking of getting a new rack and start to explore the options. Really interested in the rack in the pics below, because that...
  3. iCe

The Neverending Quest to the Perfect Setup

Hi everyone, Just out of curiosity i thought i'd post this question: do you also change your setup on regular basis or think about changing it? I'm one of those drummers who likes to have a big setup because i have a lot of 'sonic choices'. I also like a small setup, so that everything is...
  4. iCe

How a Paiste gong is made

Just saw this on my Facebook timeline and thought i would share it here. Amazing to look at! Guess that's why gongs are so expensive if you need that much employees to move and help create it haha Always wondered how they 'lathed' a gong and now i know; by hand :eek:
  5. iCe

My Pearl Masters BCX

I thought I'd just leave these here :) Still struggling to find a sweet spot for the rocket toms, but i like them there. The downside is that the china is less accesable, so this is a temporary compromise
  6. iCe

Lower tuning rack toms

Hi all, Yesterday while playing my kit it started to annoy me that the rack toms sound too high pitched for my likings. I've been struggling to tune them to where I like them for a while now. I have a Pearl Masters BCX, which are birch drums. The bass drums and floor toms are awesome, but the...
  7. iCe

Mounting Pearl rocket toms

Hi all, I have two Pearl rocket toms and have been struggling since i got them to mount them in a comfortable position. I would love to mount them above my hats so that with fills they flow more nicely into the rest of the toms, but with the (bulky) Pearl hardware it's kind of hard to do. Tama...
  8. iCe

My Pearl Vision VBA in Dynamite Burst

Hi all! Sadly our basement rehearsal space in an old university was going to be demolished and that meant looking for a new rehearsal space. We went back to a place where we've been before (2012 or so). For the last year or so i was using my trusty Pearl Masters BCX kit. I want to check the...
  9. iCe

My Pearl Masters BCX double bass kit

Last weekend i took my VBA home from the practice space i use with my prog rock/metal 'band' Quivermore. I converted it to an e-kit and took my BCX to the practice space last monday. I spent roughly 2 hours setting it up and tuning them. Then played it for an hour or so and finetuned everything...
  10. iCe

Cakewalk and Superior Drummer 3

Cakewalk and Superior Drummer 3 - FIXED I have a weird issue with Cakewalk and SD3. I use my Alesis DM10 as trigger input. When i play SD3 on it's own, it triggers fine and plays great. When i load SD3 in Cakewalk as a VST Synth/Plugin, something weird happens. If i play the kit without...
  11. iCe

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst

Hey all! Thought it would be nice to show some pics of my Pearl Vision. Got this kit in December 2012 to replace my old Osan Runner kit (which started to fall apart (literally) after 10 years of use). I still use it at least once a month when i play together with a guitar player. I keep it at a...
  12. iCe

Hi from The Netherlands

Hi! Just popped in here. Been on and off the Pearl Drummers Forum since 2003, but i visit/post rarely there anymore. So i thought i try this place :) I live near Utrecht in The Netherlands. Have been playing drums since I was 17 years old (33 now) and my first kit was a Pearl Export. When i...