Search results

1. BradGunnerSGT

Need a more "rock" setup for a project, is this idea insane or what?

I'm auditioning for a band playing much harder rock than I've been playing recently. The last few years, I've been playing in a country/rock/pop type of band, in a standard 1-up 1-down config with a single crash on the left side and a ride and a second crash on the right, with sometimes an extra...
  2. BradGunnerSGT

Difference in Zildjian/Sabian packaging or a problem with the store?

So I was shopping for cymbals a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to take a chance on a Zildjian box set (the K box set with a 20" ride, 14" hats, 16" and 18" Dark thin crashes). These are really nice cymbals and I am very happy with them. I bought a box set of Sabian HHX Evolutions in August...
  3. BradGunnerSGT

My name is BradGunnerSGT, and I have GAS!

So I thought that I had overcome my GAS. At the end of 2013, I had finally settled down to enjoy my drums and hardware and be happy with my configuration....and then disaster struck. It all started with the kick pedal. I've had a Sonor Perfect Balance pedal for about a year and while I love...
  4. BradGunnerSGT

clips from our last gig

Hey, just wanted to post a couple of clips from our last gig. I try to just set up a camera now and then so we can critique ourselves. Usually I put it out in the audience area, but on Friday I experimented with putting the camera onstage (behind the PA). Everything is mostly stage volume...
  5. BradGunnerSGT

Never too early to start rocking!

Check these kids out. The littlest one has a pretty good sense of rhythm and they all actually get all the little stops and breaks in the song. Watch till the end, the outro is really good, too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bqpRoVxH2jc#!
  6. BradGunnerSGT

Review: Gretsch Legend brass snare (plus a bonus S-Hoop review!)

OK, I searched on DW for a review of these snares and didn't see any. I guess no one has played these yet, so I'll post a review. I purchased a 14x6.5 Gretsch Legend brass snare online a month ago. Normally I would wait to hear the drum and/or read some reviews from people that I trust...
  7. BradGunnerSGT

Movember! Moustaches for charity!!

It’s Movember, the month formerly known as November, which is dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men’s health. I have joined the movement and will be donating my upper lip to the cause for 30 days. My moustache (Mo) will spark conversations, and no doubt generate...