Search results

1. toonamike

Using Ludwig's Custom Order Guide

Yep. Ludwig removed that information as well as the images of the different hardware options. Because I'm STILL a big nerd, I made a new video for the new outfitter.
  2. toonamike

The Ludwig Outfitter- 2020

Some nerd made a video tutorial for the 2020 outfitter. Hint: The nerd is me.
  3. toonamike

Carl Palmer signature Ludwig snare........

The CP snare is an import model. The problem with the strainer arose from it being a "non-standard" model, not what Ludwig uses on the USA-made drums. If there is old stock out there, it could still have the problematic strainer.
  4. toonamike

Ludwig 16" snare drum case?? Such a thing?

That case was probably for an Acrolite and its associated accessories. The seller likely measured the diameter, which is certainly larger than 14". Add the hardware -- lugs, snare throwoff, rims -- and a 14" drum is closer to 16" in diameter. A 15" drum is likely closer to 16.5" in diameter.
  5. toonamike

Ludwig NEUSONIC FAB DIGITAL BLACK OYSTER SE

I've been there and I've seen this video wall! Now, why was I in Charlotte?
  6. toonamike

2020 Ludwig Outfitter Tutorial

I used a Mac to make the video. :unsure:
  7. toonamike

2020 Ludwig Outfitter Tutorial

I created a video tutorial that shows how the 2020 Ludwig Outfitter works. Let me know if you have any questions!
  8. toonamike

Are Factories Running Right Now?

Our local music store, which is small, is closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. I usually make the trip to Dale's in Harrisburg, but it is also closed. Everything here in Pennsylvania is closed, with the exception of take out food, grocery stores, and medical facilities. Target and Walmart are...
  9. toonamike

I'm not sure. My friend ordered a Classic Oak last week. My gut tells me that stores will still take custom orders, but won't be ordering anything for stock. Ludwig has been fairly slow on custom orders; at least it was in the summer and early fall. I ordered a 3.5" x 13" piccolo in copper...
  10. toonamike

Here in the states, governors have been making those decisions. There is talk that the federal government may shut down New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. That could get a bit hairy, as it will likely become a states' rights battle.
  11. toonamike

The Ludwig factory is open. That could change based on what the NC governor decides going forward. I have a primary source for this information. No, it's not Bermuda. 😂
  12. toonamike

With all of the coronavirus / COVID-19 closing around the globe, I'm wondering how many drum factories are producing instruments right now. Does anyone have any information on the US-based companies? For example, is Ludwig still open in Monroe? I work with my local high school's drumline. We...
  13. toonamike

I've given up the search. I've ordered a 1-off Ludwig tom

I got a two badges "from the dumpster" when I toured the factory: a Keystone X and a B&O without a serial number. Selling badges could easily lead to counterfeits. The new cast brass badge would be very difficult to reproduce. The large keystone and B&O are much easier to duplicate.
  14. toonamike

All I have in that finish is a 3.5" x 13" piccolo with a 110th anniversary badge.
  15. toonamike

My friend was thinking about ordering a copper rose mist set. Columbus Percussion told him that Ludwig was having trouble with the wrap and that it was in limited supply. However, it's still on the Ludwig site. Hopefully it's just a rumor.
  16. toonamike

Yeah. I didn't bold that text. It's bold because that's the default badge. You should have ordered LGK large gold keystone if you want a close match (no serial number) to your kit. In regards to your wait, yes, that is fairly normal for Ludwig. As you mentioned in an previous post, you have...
  17. toonamike

Here's what I don't understand. You could have ordered the large gold keystone badge, at least according to the configurator spreadsheet that was still in use when you ordered. It wouldn't have a serial number, but it would otherwise look like the badge your existing drums have. My friend...
  18. toonamike

It was a unique idea. I loved the looks, even though it didn't scream "LUDWIG!" The finish reminded me of the electrostatic options available on the high-end stuff. That's why I was tempted to ask about having them cut, drilled, and finished. I think a keystone badge would have made a huge...
  19. toonamike

My Classic Maple floor toms have triad leg brackets.
  20. toonamike

2019 Ludwig jazz fest bearing edges?

30 degree inner cut with a 1/4" radius round over, at least according to Ludwig's Legacy Mahogany page. I have a jazz fest in vintage black oyster pearl. Ludwig has done a heck of a job with this snare. It is unique in that it has a white reso-coat interior and the "baseball bat" muffler. The...