Search results

1. kevinmac

New SpeedKing

Not really, had a Speed King back in early 70’s on my Rogers Holiday set, eventually went to a Rogers Swivomatic which ran circles around the Speed King! Think current pedals will do the same.
  2. kevinmac

Your best 5 Paiste Cymbals

20 Signature ride, 18 Signature crash, Blue label 602 Heavy ride, Sabian flat hats high hats, 15” 2002 crash.
  3. kevinmac

Old Yamaha Kit- Help with ID?

Sn model decipher https://www.thatdrumguy.com/blogs/tips-guides/how-to-date-your-yamaha-drums
  4. kevinmac

Old Yamaha Kit- Help with ID?

Its 10x8 its in the 1980 catalog! http://www.drumarchive.com/Yamaha/Yamaha1980.pdf
  5. kevinmac

One of the most Epic Disney music ever!

Like it nice!
  6. kevinmac

505 and a 2002

505 series - advanced student CuSn8-cymbals, produced from 1974 to 1986.
  7. kevinmac

LUDWIG Paiste cymbals

If the date is correct then they were called Ludwig Standard. The NS12 were made from 1958- 60 in Switzerland. The later version 1960 - 1964 made of Ns12 Were from Germany( your description not the ones) So if made in Swiss as you say, they were made from 1958 - 1960, or are the later version...
  8. kevinmac

New starclassic kit issue.. [Solved]

Im not skipping over anything!
  9. kevinmac

TAMA is not offering a full refund, the dealer will be giving a full refund!
  10. kevinmac

I personally don't like the response from TAMA! Obviousy they admitted to cosmetic issue or design, and are not willing to make it right! Secondly if they are having shipping issues then their packaging is in question! I would return it for a full refund and go to another brand. My feeling TAMA...
  11. kevinmac

Hi Hats with greatest crispest "bark" possible?

Tried many, and continue to go back to Sabian flat hats! You might find them on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Sabian-AA-pre-AA-Flat-Hats-Bottom-Hi-Hat-HiHat-Cymbal-1430g-/233426776150 https://reverb.com/item/33242949-vintage-sabian-14-flat-hats-hi-hat-drum-hihat-cymbals
  12. kevinmac

Yamaha part number question

The metal is there, you can just go a little oversize! Btw removing the washer just may give you bite on the threads further down.
  13. kevinmac

Ride cymbal for recording metal?

Discontinued Paiste Signature Power Ride, available on ebay!
  14. kevinmac

Yamaha part number question

Retap the thread
  15. kevinmac

New Kit: What to Look For When Delivered

Look at the bass drum shell seam (where the plies are joined), Have seen drums that had things stacked on them in shipment which caused the seam to split. Less unlikely if shipped with heads and hoops installed!
  16. kevinmac

6 ply maple snare vs 4 ply maple with re-rings?

Basically, it all depends on the thickness of the plies. It‘s not inconceivable a 4 ply drum can have the same shell thickness as a 6 ply shell. So to favor one over the other without knowing the shell thickness means nothing!
  17. kevinmac

New Drum Kit Suggestion

Think it depends on how much the beginner will dedicate him or herself to the instrument! If just a something to do Pearl Exports which run about $200 less than the Yamaha Stage customs. Then again, if the beginner seems to be really gun ho, and looks like more dedication, Yamaha Stage Customs...
  18. kevinmac

New Rogers Covington full kit

Nice sounding, reminds me of my old blue sparkle holiday kit! Should have never sold them.
  19. kevinmac

I suddenly own this 6-piece Yamaha Tour Custom

Now try pinstripes on the toms, think you will like it!
  20. kevinmac

Tom positioning

Not sure what you mean, left hand drummers set up with the floor tom on the left and snare on the right. You have the setup with left handed toms, on a right handed set up? Doing a complete to fill left to right you have a low note, going to a higher note then to a low note!