Search results

1. Griffman

Metronome app that speeds up and then slows down

Hello I can't believe I haven't been able to find a metronome app that can be programmed to speed up AND THEN slow back down to the original tempo. There are some great free apps I use already and recommend (time trainer and pro metronome) but this feature seems hard to find at any price. I...
  2. Griffman

Strangely hard, easy sticking pattern

An easy sticking pattern is is strangely difficult for me after several months of practicing it slow and controlled and pushing it up over time - compared to other things I work on I am seeing very little improvement despite putting the time in a focused but relaxed manner The pattern is this...
  3. Griffman

Dream Kit

Mapex Saturn IV Exotic 6pc Drum Set Deep Water Ash Burl beauty - heard a set in nashville sounds as good as it looks way more modest than TB - I will keep the cymbals I already have and just add a splash and a china - pretty pictures linked below...
  4. Griffman

Comparing oneself to others (drummers)

Had an interesting experience at a local fair/harvest festival. I am walking around the fair trying to tolerate the blended smell of animal feces and fried Oreos. I hear music coming from one of the stages. It's 80's power pop/rock with a female lead singer. They were ok and I listened closely...
  5. Griffman

library of classic bop drummers on the cheap

21 Classic Bob Albums featuring drummers for less than $45 I found these CD sets for around $15 or less each on Amazon Great for those looking to get some emersion in Bop 7 Classic Albums: Art Blakey & Jazz messengers by Art Blakey & Jazz Messengers 8 Classic Albums - Max Roach 6 Classic...
  6. Griffman

Looking for the hyundai of BD pedals

I need an additional single bass drum pedal. I'm not a gear head, I don't need the latest technology and the only pedals I owned until recently were the old Ludwig speed kings. I need a good performing reliable all around single pedal and I of course would like to pay as little as possible...
  7. Griffman

Overlooked instructional books/DVDs/CDs

We have all discussed the famous 25 greatest drum books of all time. These books are famous for good reason and it's relatively easy to find out a great deal about them when considering their use. There are also some that are not on the list but still pretty well discussed on the forum. So...
  8. Griffman

Comparative use of forums.

I've recently noticed that at any given time the traffic on the equipment forum is almost 80% higher than the technique forum. I'm sort of surprised. Are we that much more interested in stuff over skills?
  9. Griffman

Most inovative and influential drummers.

I thought this might be thought provoking and interesting. The question is what drummers do you think are BOTH innovative (offering something new in their style/technique/sound/ etc. AND influential (meaning many other drummers have adapted the unique aspects of their drumming)? This is not who...
  10. Griffman

A fun and useful method for devoting independent coordination

A fun and useful method for developing independent coordination I have always wanted to develop a higher degree of independent coordination but was bored to tears using 4 way coordination and New Breed. For me the books weren't too hard ( very hard but not too hard to learn slowly with very...