Odd earbud issue when trying to practice with the drums

single-ply

Hey All,

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue and perhaps someone has a solution.

I typically practice on my DW practice pad set with Zildjian low volume cymbals so as not to drive my wife to drink, lol. I will often play with recordings on YouTube on iTunes. I have two different sets of bluetooth ear buds, Galaxy Buds and Airpods Pro and this problem happens with either set.

What happens is I get interference from the cymbals in the ear buds. I've tried moving the phone or ipad away from being close to the set, but that doesn't help. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoying crossover interference? it sounds like distortion similar to if you drive a speaker way past it's intended limit.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I don't have any experience with either of those buds, but my guess would be that it's caused by either the noise cancellation or the ambient pass through features.
Have you tried turning those features off and having them just be basic earbuds?

I don't have any experience with either of those buds, but my guess would be that it's caused by either the noise cancellation or the ambient pass through features.
Have you tried turning those features off and having them just be basic earbuds?
Not yet, but i will try those things. Thanks!

Metal around antennas can cause problems. There are antennas in your buds.

To test that, wear your earbuds and stand 10’ away while someone else plays your cymbals

Here's a quote from Samsung about the Galaxy Pro buds:

"Voice Detect​

instantly switches from ANC to Ambient sound when it hears your voice. Like when you're at a cafe using ANC to block outside noise, tell the barista your order and ANC automatically turns off when you speak. These intelligent buds turn down for your conversation, even if you're using Ambient Mode or have ANC turned off, by lowering the volume of your music and focusing the microphone on the person speaking to you.3,4"

My thoughts are that the cymbals fall in the range of frequencies that voices do so it's affecting the way the buds behave. Just a guess, though.

Hey All,

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue and perhaps someone has a solution.

I typically practice on my DW practice pad set with Zildjian low volume cymbals so as not to drive my wife to drink, lol. I will often play with recordings on YouTube on iTunes. I have two different sets of bluetooth ear buds, Galaxy Buds and Airpods Pro and this problem happens with either set.

What happens is I get interference from the cymbals in the ear buds. I've tried moving the phone or ipad away from being close to the set, but that doesn't help. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoying crossover interference? it sounds like distortion similar to if you drive a speaker way past it's intended limit.

Thoughts? Thanks!
Can you use wired buds?

Back