Heading to the STATES! Want to visit drum shops, etc.

Got back from the states a week ago and I miss it like crazy. We did a bit of a tour of Texas and did New Orleans. 2500 miles driven in 2 weeks. Loved driving in the states.

Enjoy the food, weather and a just a whole different vibe. Didn't do any drum shops, I'd have struggled to get things back home.

Do an airboat tour in New Orleans. You get to see lots of eagles, gators and lots of other cool stuff. NASA was still my favourite bit.

Attachments

• IMG-20240201-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240201-WA0003.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20240128-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240128-WA0005.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20240208_172250081.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240208_172250081.MP.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240131_205359223.jpg
    PXL_20240131_205359223.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 7
For New Orleans, I'd recommend the following spots: BJ's Lounge & Saturn Bar (great local shows nightly!), Domino Sound Record Shack, and Euclid Records! Try to see Preservation Hall as well, if you can! So many great spots down there...thinking of moving myself at some point in the near future, actually. Good luck and have a great trip!

So happy Mikyok had a great trip to our United States. Son of Vistalite Black is currently planning on invading Europe in the fall -- Berlin and Vienna. Will avoid drum shops in favor of studying the rotting carcass of the former East Germany and seeking out authentic Vienna Sausages. Hopefully, one will also stumble across a metal show.

All of the West is a rotting carcass.

I'm not moving. Come on China.

So happy Mikyok had a great trip to our United States. Son of Vistalite Black is currently planning on invading Europe in the fall -- Berlin and Vienna. Will avoid drum shops in favor of studying the rotting carcass of the former East Germany and seeking out authentic Vienna Sausages. Hopefully, one will also stumble across a metal show.
Cheers man! Vienna is on the to do list. You can get the train from Vienna to Slovakia which is goulash and beer just like the Czech Republic.

European gigs are cool, saw Tool in Prague, McCartney in Paris and Porcupine Tree in Amsterdam.

My next trip is either Belgium or France for a lot of First World War related stuff. Probably France as my great grandad was on the Somme

Back