What's the difference between a SM57 LC and a SM57 LCE?

notOnyx

I'm searching for a good mic for my snare and I came across these two, but I really can't find online what's the difference.

The SM57 LC means it comes with the microphone but no cable (LC indicating less cable) and a zippered pouch.
The SM57 LCE also does not come with a cable, it does include a zippered pouch and the E indicates it comes with a 5/8 inch to 3/8 inch thread adapter for use on European mic stands. It also includes a swivel adapter.

If you want a legit Shure 57, stay away from the online deals that offer mic, clip, bag, cable and stand all together in a bundle for way too cheap. There are copies that look identical..... until you take them apart and look for the Shure markings on the capsule. Go new with Sweet or Sam or another reputable supplier. Good luck.
I hear that Heinz......makes a good 57. Really?....no.

I always think a 58 is a better snare choice (or even some non Shure mics...) because of the ball grill. The Sm48 is also a good budget option, I've seen those as low as $29.99. Just my 4 cents.

If you want a legit Shure 57, stay away from the online deals that offer mic, clip, bag, cable and stand all together in a bundle for way too cheap. There are copies that look identical..... until you take them apart and look for the Shure markings on the capsule. Go new with Sweet or Sam or another reputable supplier. Good luck.
I hear that Heinz......makes a good 57. Really?....no.
I knew a sound tech who got burned really bad buying a lot of 10 counterfeit 58’s because the price was really good. I would only buy from an authorized Shure dealer. You may pay more than you want but you won’t get hosed.

The sE vbeat mics are very similar to 57s IMO. Great mics and a very small footprint when it comes to mounting. Look into those. I have 3 57s and prefer the vmic.

Back