whats the first triplet song that comes to your head? Please mention which instrument provides the triplet feel in your comment

Freeway Jam - Becko
Roadhouse Blues - Doors (the guitarists in my early bands usually faked the triplet by sliding instead of fingering)
Black Night - Purple
Easy Living - Uriah Heep

There may be a day when I progress to the 1980s, but it is not this day.

to several replies, you guys are nuts. then tell me, what do you call it? that's prominent 3's. wanna call it 3 of 4 in a sixteenth? i'll buy that, but, that's prominent 3's.
"Prominent 3s" is NOT the definition of a triplet. 3 out of 4 is NOT the definition of a triplet.

Here is the definition of a triplet - "A triplet is a rhythm playing three notes in the space of two. That is, three evenly spaced notes in the space of two notes of the same rhythmic value. The most common example is the 8th note triplet. An eighth note triplet rhythm is 3 notes played in the space of 2 eighth notes."

If I call an airplane a truck, it doesn't make it a truck, even if they both have wheels.

"Prominent 3s" is NOT the definition of a triplet. 3 out of 4 is NOT the definition of a triplet.

Here is the definition of a triplet - "A triplet is a rhythm playing three notes in the space of two. That is, three evenly spaced notes in the space of two notes of the same rhythmic value. The most common example is the 8th note triplet. An eighth note triplet rhythm is 3 notes played in the space of 2 eighth notes."

If I call an airplane a truck, it doesn't make it a truck, even if they both have wheels.
nah, it's in 3's. call it whatever you want

nah, it's in 3's. call it whatever you want
Have you ever had any actual musical education? Clearly you have not, or you are a troll. I honestly can't tell which.

In any case, you have any number of knowledgeable people here trying to help bring you up to speed, and you are not listening.

Feel free to enjoy your willful ignorance.

Have you ever had any actual musical education? Clearly you have not, or you are a troll. I honestly can't tell which.

In any case, you have any number of knowledgeable people here trying to help bring you up to speed, and you are not listening.

Feel free to enjoy your willful ignorance.
Either study music, or back under the bridge with ya. Reference my signature.

sounds to me like he is a guitar player.... :cool:

But, but... A Purdie shuffle would sound awesome on there! Lol

Drumeo laid down a Purdie shuffle over a bunch of different songs from different genres, including djent and baroque and a Taylor Swift song and it pretty much always ended up sounding awesome. Or at least, in a few cases, you could hear how it would have if the tempo of the original song had been just a bit slower and/or there had been a click track for the drummer to play to.

Drumeo laid down a Purdie shuffle over a bunch of different songs from different genres, including djent and baroque and a Taylor Swift song and it pretty much always ended up sounding awesome. Or at least, in a few cases, you could hear how it would have if the tempo of the original song had been just a bit slower and/or there had been a click track for the drummer to play to.
Okay, I GENUINELY had NO IDEA about this! Groovy! :cool: (y)

Okay, I GENUINELY had NO IDEA about this! Groovy! :cool: (y)
Obviously they're just doing this for fun, but it turns out the Purdie Shuffle over "Iron Man" or "Fly Me to the Moon" or "We Are Never Getting Back Together" or Vivaldli's Allegro for the Spring section of The Four Seasons honest to goodness works.

Back