3 pedal setup

clem_c_rock

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out a way to set up my double bass pedal, hi-hat pedal, and cowbell pedal in a very solid configuration and not finding anything tangible. Ultimately, I'd like to have some plate situation where all 3 pedals could be locked in and there would be no chance of slippage.

Anyone have a setup like this or a similar solution?

Thanks,
Eric

First step would be to either grab yourself a 2-leg hi-hat stand or take the legs off altogether and attach to the rack (if you have one) so everything can fit as close as possible to each other.

The cowbell pedal sounds like an extra challenge but I imagine the best configuration would be (from left to right): Cowbell/ Hi-hat/ Left (or slave) bass drum pedal.

Thanks for the reply! I don't have a rack and I do have a 2-leg high hat stand. I do have the cowbell/hi-hat, and left slave set up left to right. The main problem is the cowbell. On the carpet I have, it just slides all over. I want something that will work in many environments and would not be affected by carpet style. Even if I had a better, less slippery carpet, I'm positive that things would still be constantly shifting.

Last edited:

Got one of those and it didn't work at all on my carpet. I'm looking for a solution that doesn't rely on specific carpet situations.

First step would be to either grab yourself a 2-leg hi-hat stand or take the legs off altogether and attach to the rack (if you have one) so everything can fit as close as possible to each other.

The cowbell pedal sounds like an extra challenge but I imagine the best configuration would be (from left to right): Cowbell/ Hi-hat/ Left (or slave) bass drum pedal.
second that.

You're probably gonna need to fabricate a plate yourself. Look at the DW 5520 hi-hat/cowbell combo, that takes care of the left side-cowbell pedal. A plate with the same type wing on the right, would anchor your slave pedal.

Yeah - I saw the DW 5520 hi-hat combo and that looked like the best solution I've seen so far. As popular as multiple pedale setups are these days, I'm surprised there aren't better solutions.

Whoa Mick. This looks really promising. Does it only work on Yamaha gear? This could be exactly what I'm looking for.

I couldn't see something like this being terribly difficult to fabricate out of a thin piece of plywood or steel sheet and a few basic fittings.

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out a way to set up my double bass pedal, hi-hat pedal, and cowbell pedal in a very solid configuration and not finding anything tangible. Ultimately, I'd like to have some plate situation where all 3 pedals could be locked in and there would be no chance of slippage.

Thanks,
Eric
The key is really to have all 3 pedals the same brand. As you can see in the pic, I use DW5000 single, double & hi-hat stand & they all look uniform on the left side. When you mix & match sometimes alignment is wonky.

Attachments

• Kit & pedals.jpg
    Kit & pedals.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Is your carpet long or fine-asking because maybe velcro would hold them on short? You could make a flat plate with velcro sites is another alternative.

That looks great Mr Ross - I'm definitely considering getting the DW hi-hat double pedal combination.
It helped me a lot & I didn't know the value of the smooth transition until I got the matched brand. With all the footboards are the same height, I can switch back & forth without getting hung up. Something that was an issue when I was using different brands.
Plus, it looks cool. :cool:

Hello,

Thanks,
Eric
Clearly a lot more than what you want but you may consider remote hi hats..

Attachments

• George Kollias.jpg
    George Kollias.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 4
Clearly a lot more than what you want but you may consider remote hi hats..
Haha - that threw me for a sec. I recognized that set and thought George Kollias replied to my thread! I going to go with this solution as I need a new double pedal anyway:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 10.09.06 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 10.09.06 AM.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 1
Haha - that threw me for a sec. I recognized that set and thought George Kollias replied to my thread! I going to go with this solution as I need a new double pedal anyway:
I have two hi hat stands and both have rotating legs, I can set the legs so that they don't interfere with my slave pedal, However that looks like I nice setup I just wish they had that in a direct drive, then maybe I'll go with it. I'm not in the market for pedals but if I was I would get the DD because I have tried them and seen significant performance improvement.

Back