Anyone else like only one song

bud7h4

Silver Member
from a particular genre?

I like ONE disco song (the best one).

Cheryl Lynn's voice and the bass track. Magic.

Even though I had to learn ' new wave ' in order to work in bars, I otherwise tuned the eighties out of my head . However, this one has stood the test of time for me as a favourite -

Even though I had to learn ' new wave ' in order to work in bars, I otherwise tuned the eighties out of my head . However, this one has stood the test of time for me as a favourite -

Sounds like a remarkably tough song to pull off for a cover band; the backing vocals and number of instrument tacks.

The ONLY song I like from the hardcore/metal genre is Resurrection by Fear Factory.

The vocals are stunning, the whole band just came together perfectly on that song.

Sounds like a remarkably tough song to pull off for a cover band; the backing vocals and number of instrument tacks.
You're right , not something you'd crank out at the local pub with two guitars, bass and drums . What I meant was even though I had to familiarize myself with the top 40 in order to work , personally the new wave genre held very little appeal for me . This song however has a seductive and haunting quality , then and now .

from a particular genre?

I like ONE disco song (the best one).

Cheryl Lynn's voice and the bass track. Magic.
YEP....that was a good one.....I saw Cheryl on "The Gong Show" before she made REAL. Yep magic fo sho'.
One song from a genre????........I am very picky about my "rap" songs.....so yeah.

Nope 1679612372322.png

I'm not too big on Country Western music but there's a single from back in the day by Johnny Cash I thought was catchy and musicians could relate to.

Last edited:

OK...I really like the VIBE of this song. I find it relaxing. So I bought it. thanks.
Oh...By the way.....This song IMHO is not a true example of TRAD NEW WAVE....not enough bleeps and bloops and wind....oh wait....this one had the wind......OK.

I'm trying real hard, but cant seem to come up with any. I think I just like too much music.

Remember the 90s band "Sonic Youth?"

They had one song I really really enjoy - "100%." It's a great, fun, rocking, distorted guitars, raucous bit of wonderfulness. I bought the CD "Dirty" and, frankly, I personally found every other song on the album unlistenable. (But, man, 100% is great!)

Had a great conversation with a record store guy about the album. He explained he had some friends who really liked the band and they all felt that one song was terrible! How about that? An interesting life lesson...

You might like this too:

Funny, I am familiar with the chorus but I’ve never (until now) sat and listened to that song.

Not bad, but the song in my original post I envision the same vocal but with a distorted guitar and heavy drums. Lots of double kick drum.

Hmmm. Maybe a project to work on.

Back